Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bathroom Accidents
mema 12:40 PM 07-27-2012
We were outside playing this morning and I gave the 5minute warning that we would be going in.
Dcb 6-can't we stay out longer.
Me-No.
Dcb-10 more minutes.
Me-No.
Dcb-Fine.
Me-2 minutes
Dcb-I have to go to the bathroom.
Me-Ok. We will pick up and go in and you can go.
Me-Alright everything's picked up, lets head to the door.
Dcb throws a fit about not wanting to go in. I reminded him that he said he had to go potty. He says, well not anymore. I walk over to him and said it's time to go. He looks at me and smirks and says I already did-and smiles. What???? So not sure if he peed his pants because he didn't want to go in (which doesn't make much sense because then we have to go in regardless) or if he couldn't hold it for that few minutes.
Do you drop everything instantly so they can go to the bathroom? I mean if we had been on a walk or at the park he wouldn't have had a choice but to hold it until we got home. I think at 6 he should be able to hold it for more than 2 minutes or say something sooner? Most days he only goes after lunch and after pm snack, so I'm pretty sure he has a strong bladder.
Blackcat31 02:40 PM 07-27-2012
At six years old he can surely hold it for a bit. I am thinking that it probably was on purpose and although that would make it so you HAVE to go in, at six, he probably didn't think that far ahead.....

Unless he normally has accidents, I'd say that was intentional. Next time you are outside, tell him you are going in even earlier since he couldn't make it to the toilet this last time.
Tags:accidents, peeing, toileting issues
Reply Up