Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any one offer ONLY B/A school care??
MichellesKiddos 08:39 AM 02-08-2014
I had posted recently about contemplating starting my in-home daycare after having closed about a year ago. I'm currently working at a daycare center that my ds4 attends. He will be going off to 4k this year, along with a few of my daycare kiddos that went to this center after I closed. The other morning, while one of the moms was dropping off she asked if I've decided where I'm sending my son to and if I'm doing the morning session or afternoon. I told her it was down to two different schools (we have 6 in our district and we can choose which one we'd like) and that I'd prefer the morning session. The director was also there when she was talking to me and chimed in saying that they would actually like all of the kids to go to "W" school and they want them to go in the afternoon class. Both dcm and I were staring at her, not really sure what to say to that. If they go to "W" school, they have to go through bus transfer in the morning and I don't want him to do that just yet. After dcm left, the director started going on about how every year they have parents FREAKING out about 4k (mind you, she has no kids herself) and it's this big to-do and everyone is over-reacting about it. By this time, I'm annoyed...how does she think she has ANY say in where I send my child for school and what time I send him??

I think this conversation solidified my decision to starting my own daycare again, however I wasn't planning on starting until next summer and now I think I'll have to start this fall so that I can take ds to school myself and not worry about what she thinks about it. I didn't want to do daycare in my home again, but after talking with dh about it, he's agreed that we can use our tax returns to finish the lower level and use that for the daycare until I can get my own space. My question is, does anyone here offer just before and after school care? If so, what do you charge and do you have sample contracts/policies or any advice? At this point, I'd like to hold off on offering care to 0-3 as we are also trying to have another baby and I'd like tackle one thing at a time. Before, I was unlicensed however this time I plan to be licensed so I can offer care to more kids (we don't have a ton of b/a school programs here)
Lucy 03:30 PM 02-08-2014
I have all SA now, but not on purpose. Mine have all grown up here, and they just happen to all be in school now. Two are in Kindergarten, so they are just gone for 3 hours.

For the older ones, (not the Kinders) I charge $12/day, but if I were to take new ones, it would be $15. I raise their fees a little at the beginning of each year, but it's not up to the amount I would like to charge if they were new families just starting with SA'ers.

For no-school days, I add a supplement of $11 per day for the extra time, making a total of $23 for a full day's care. And if I were to take new kids who are SA'ers, I would charge $15 for school days, and a supplement of $14 for no-school days, making a total of $29.
Reply Up