Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh Boy
SimpleMom 12:32 PM 11-16-2011
Okay, I have an infant placement held with a deposit for Fall. One of my parents is expecting and another is too,now. I want the kiddos from my current parent's when they arrive. There's a 4 month gap in the time I could possibly take all three. How would you handle this. Would a variance be a wise decision for 4 months. The other two are ft. Actually, all three are ft.
From now on, I am NOT taking holds for infants in advance, I guess. Ah shucks. Maybe there's a way I can make it work, huh?
sharlan 12:35 PM 11-16-2011
3 newborns would be a lot of time consuming work. I would let the family that has the hold know that things have changed and refund her deposit.
cheerfuldom 01:50 PM 11-16-2011
I would not take on 3 infants with your current kids without hiring additional help. You have already committed to all of them? Is it even legal to take all of them?
SimpleMom 02:37 PM 11-16-2011
It's legal only with a variance....not the most ideal situation. I am ok with letting the other family know that I can't take the hold since things have changed. Just didn't know if it would be rude and such.
SilverSabre25 02:48 PM 11-16-2011
I would call the dcm and give her back the deposit, "Gosh I'm so sorry to do this, but another of my current clients is pregnant and I have to give priority to my current clients. I'm letting you know now so you have plenty of time to find someone else. However, I'll keep you at the top of my waiting list and if anything changes in the meantime, I'll let you know right away! I'll be getting your deposit back to you by [whatever date]. Good luck with your search!"
Tags:holding spot - fee, spot - infant
Reply Up