Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nannyde's Second Except From Her New Book - The "MyChild" Parent
Michael 05:10 PM 09-25-2014
The MyChild Parent
https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/the-my-child-parent.htm

The book is available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble but Tori was kind enough to give us an excerpt titled "The Boss of Me Parent". You can read it here on our blog: https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/the-boss-of-me-parent.htm
Shell 05:38 PM 09-25-2014
Great chapter. I recently turned away one of these dcm's, and feel reaffirmed that it was the greatest decision!
Bookworm 06:33 PM 09-25-2014
Can I go to the store to buy this? I can't begin to tell you how many parents like this I've dealt with in my almost 20 years in Childcare
Unregistered 06:35 PM 09-25-2014
I had one who expected me to hold the three-month-old over a bowl at regular intervals while saying "pssshhh" so that she could train herself. She wanted baby to go diaper-less, but was willing to forgo that if I held her over the potty bowl.
Hmm. No thanks.
cheerfuldom 07:18 AM 09-26-2014
GREAT chapter. should be a must read for all newbies. It can be hard at first to wrap your mind around the fact the most demanding moms are often the most dismissive about their own children. They dont feel that they should be doing anything that they are paying YOU for. They will put their kid in the car and drive them over and give you the "pleasure" of changing clothes, changing first diaper, first bottle and everything else till the very last second of your business hours and they are often late or hang out too long to boot, under the guise of being an involved mom and wanting to get to know their provider. Gah. Recognize these moms and know how to deal with them! for your sanity.
LysesKids 07:25 AM 09-26-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I had one who expected me to hold the three-month-old over a bowl at regular intervals while saying "pssshhh" so that she could train herself. She wanted baby to go diaper-less, but was willing to forgo that if I held her over the potty bowl.
Hmm. No thanks.
I specifically state in my policies that I cannot accept any family that expects me to do communication elimination for sanitary and health reasons
Unregistered 07:42 AM 09-26-2014
The MyChild parent excerpt effectively describes a narcissist!
Unregistered 11:59 AM 09-26-2014
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I specifically state in my policies that I cannot accept any family that expects me to do communication elimination for sanitary and health reasons
Sometimes I think I could eliminate my entire policy book and just replace it with a page that says "Don't Be Ridiculous"!
LysesKids 12:04 PM 09-26-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Sometimes I think I could eliminate my entire policy book and just replace it with a page that says "Don't Be Ridiculous"!
I just realized that my sentence, if read a certain way, could totally be funny or maybe it's because I only have 3 hrs left to work lol
Unregistered 12:34 PM 09-26-2014
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I just realized that my sentence, if read a certain way, could totally be funny or maybe it's because I only have 3 hrs left to work lol
I thought it was funny!
nannyde 03:45 PM 09-26-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
GREAT chapter. should be a must read for all newbies. It can be hard at first to wrap your mind around the fact the most demanding moms are often the most dismissive about their own children. They dont feel that they should be doing anything that they are paying YOU for. They will put their kid in the car and drive them over and give you the "pleasure" of changing clothes, changing first diaper, first bottle and everything else till the very last second of your business hours and they are often late or hang out too long to boot, under the guise of being an involved mom and wanting to get to know their provider. Gah. Recognize these moms and know how to deal with them! for your sanity.
Coming from you, that means a lot Cheer. Thank you.
Dilley Beans 02:33 PM 09-30-2014
That was a great read I have to buy this book and read it cover to cover before my doors open next year!
nannyde 04:56 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Dilley Beans:
That was a great read I have to buy this book and read it cover to cover before my doors open next year!
Please do Miss Beanie ;-) Everyone who has read it that knows me has liked it. I've had SO many messages telling me they enjoyed it. I've gotten SO many parent consults for my consulting business because of the book. I NEVER saw that coming
Tags:book release, book suggestions, daycare environment, daycare experiences, nannyde
Reply Up