Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Morning Routine
littlemisssunshine 08:33 AM 09-11-2012
At what time do start your mornin routine and are all of your kids awake? Breakfast time? Just wondering so I can make some changes if needed
daycare 08:43 AM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by littlemisssunshine:
At what time do start your mornin routine and are all of your kids awake? Breakfast time? Just wondering so I can make some changes if needed
my kids all arrive around 745-830am. I have one that arrives about 850. I start class time right at 9:05. If you are not here by that time, then you have to wait until class is over. Which is 1:00.

All of my kids are awake, but my kids ages are 20months to 5 years of age not enrolled in school.
Lianne 09:47 AM 09-11-2012
I get up at 5am, get dressed, make my bed, let the dog out and feed the animals. I get 1 or 2 arrivals at 5:45-6am and put the young one back to bed immediately and ask the older one (if he's here) to sit quietly and watch tv. Most mornings he falls back to sleep too. I then hop in the shower, get dressed, do my hair and make my breakfast. Next kid arrives at 7:15 and he, too, sits quietly watching TV and I'm puttering with housework, baking muffins, prepping an activity. At 7:45 the older ones get breakfast if they want it and can then go play quietly. At 8:15 I wake the youngest one and pop him in the stroller and the older ones get their stuff so we can head out to the bus stop. Their bus arrives at 8:30 and I go back home to meet the next two kids and get the dog then we set off for a walk. When we get home we have snack unless I gave them something in the stroller. Then we start our activity if we have one and/or play freely til it's lunch time.
melskids 11:12 AM 09-11-2012
My first one comes at 7 and the rest come by 8. We free play for that hour, have breakfast at 8, and then do our whole morning routine until 11:30. (circle time, centers, and outside play; in that order)
WImom 12:27 PM 09-11-2012
Everyone is scheduled to be here by 8:30 so that is when we start our preschool time and that goes until 11:30. If they are late they miss out.

Before 8:30 - We have free play and breakfast and most of the kids are here by 8am.
saved4always 03:19 PM 09-11-2012
The kids normally start to arrive at about 7 a.m. One that arrives at about 8 a.m. brings her breakfast (parents provide all food) so I give the others a little snack from thier bags while she eats. We have "free play" til circle time. There is one child who comes whenever dad gets up so sometimes he is there for our activities that start at 9 a.m. and sometimes he misses them. We start with circle time at 9 a.m.
daycarediva 05:36 PM 09-11-2012
Up at 4:45-5am, shower and get ready for the day. Wake up ODS at 5:45 and get him in the shower, he gets out and gets ready for school, wake up ODD at 6 and get her in the shower. My first DCF get here at 6 and play (not so quietly) in the playroom. ODD leaves for school/bus at 6:55. Another DCK arrives at 7. ODS leaves for school/bus at 7:15. I go down the hall & wake my two younger sons, get them dressed and we all have breakfast at 7:30-7:45. Then older DCG and my SA younger DS brush teeth and get shoes on. Older DCB gets here at 8 (he doesn't even take off his shoes lol), they go to school/bus at 8:15. Then I have arrivals from 8:15-9:00 then start my actual "job" of prek from 9-10:30, then outside from 10:30-11:30, then inside for lunch.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:52 PM 09-11-2012
up between 5 - 5:30 take care of what I need to get done- shower, pack dh's breakfast and lunch etc
6:30 earliest kidlets arrive
Kids play we have breakfast everyone arrives by 8:30 and last of breakfast is by 9. kids play
Check in with ds on what he is working on (hsed)
Straighten up the kitchen. Summer we went for a walk as soon after breakfast as we could before it got hot. Now we have been reading and doing craft first. Walk around 10, play outside for a bit.
Lunch varies between 11- 11:30 depending on how the day is going
immediately after lunch they are down for a nap! usually 12-3 ish.
3:30-4 afternoon snack (dinner)
play usually back outside until around 5:30
laundrymom 06:02 AM 09-12-2012
I'm up at 4, 330 if it has snowed in winter. I run 30-40 min, get home about 440ish, shower, start laundry. Wake the family, first kid gets here @ 612 unless we have snow, then he's here @5. We don't serve Bfast. I do a snack @ 9. It's a 3 component snack, same serving sizes as a Bfast but we claim it as snack on FP.
We free play until after snack then work on whatever we have planned for the day.
Reply Up