Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising on Place Mats
JeepGirl6 12:33 PM 06-20-2014
I had a gentleman call me in my area asking me if I want to advertise on place mats in two of our restaurants near by. He said one of the restaurants go through 30,000 place mats in 6 months and the other goes through 60,000. It is $145 for one, $175 for the other or $325 for both. He said these place mats will be used from June 23rd-January 2015.

Have any of you ever did this before?

Do you think it will help bring in clientele?
Blackcat31 12:42 PM 06-20-2014
I'm sure the restaurant goes through TONS of placemats but honestly I can't say I would look for daycare while eating at a cafe...kwim?

Now if this were McDonald's offering to place your ad on the Happy Meal boxes/bags....I'd say GO FOR IT!

Just not sure how many potential clients would "see" the ad on a placemat.

I'd be more apt to spend my money on ads that were in areas where children in general are more prevalent.
Michael 12:45 PM 06-20-2014
My impressions is that it may bring in clients but seems like old school marketing to me.

The plus side seems to be that people are usually bored waiting for their meals and may read the placemats. While this may be true I usually see most people at tables looking at their smartphones while waiting.

It you live in a town that is old school, the advertising "may" work. I would ask for a sample placemat to see exactly how clear or cluttered it looks with the ads.
AmyKidsCo 03:23 PM 06-20-2014
It depends on the restaurant's clientele. Around here the only restaurants that use that kind of placemat generally serve Seniors, so it wouldn't be a worthwhile investment, IMO. If it were a family restaurant that you know families with young children go to, I'd consider trying it for a year. Paper placemats are perfect for coloring on... unless they get turned over before parents read the ads!
Tags:advertising, advertising ideas
Reply Up