Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>One Time Stay Of 4 Days
SandeeAR 11:51 AM 06-02-2011
I am going to keep an infant, that is the friend of one my current DCG. I am a fill in, for 4 days, as she is going back to work early. Her planned provider is still on vacation.

Would you have them sign any sort of contract? I have met them before. I don't forsee any problems. It is only a one time thing for 4 days.

Oh, I am not licensed, so no one to answer to.
Blackcat31 11:53 AM 06-02-2011
I wouldn't mess with a contract but I would have them pay for all 4 days upfront and let them know that none of it would be refundable.
Michael 11:54 AM 06-02-2011
Personally I would give them a short contract. It is the liability that would worry me if for some reason something happened.
daycare 12:07 PM 06-02-2011
I would not have them sign my usual contact, but I agree that for liablity issues I would have them sign a contract of some form. What if the child has an accident, or something medically goes wrong. You need for the parents to understand your policies and what you will do should something go wrong. EX. you state that if the child is sick you will call for pick up or call alternate.... Or if the child needs emergency medical attention, what is your plan to get the child taken care of. You don't want to be responsible for paying medical bills or an ambulance ride......

Do you have DC insurance, if they are not contracted, your insurance will not cover them.

If you transport, make sure that you get a transport slip signed.
anything that could cause you a law suit.....cover yourself anything can happen at any time...thats why they are called accidents....we dont plan them, they just happen....
SandeeAR 12:57 PM 06-02-2011
Thanks for the comments. I was thinking I should, but wanted to make sure I wasn't making too big of a deal about it. I just shorted my basic contract and included the main areas. I'll get them to sign it.

I do have insurance, but just a rider on my home policy, therefore, I can't transport any kids.

Thanks!
daycare 01:00 PM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
Thanks for the comments. I was thinking I should, but wanted to make sure I wasn't making too big of a deal about it. I just shorted my basic contract and included the main areas. I'll get them to sign it.

I do have insurance, but just a rider on my home policy, therefore, I can't transport any kids.

Thanks!
Its always good to cover your BUTT....lol

Like I said, you never know, and you don't want to take any chances....I am sure everything will go ok. I always plan for the worst but expect the best.
Tags:drop in care
Reply Up