Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yeah....Take It....I Don't Need It!
crazydaycarelady 07:45 AM 06-13-2013
Dcm came in and asked if she could borrow my exersaucer. She is allowed to take her baby to work until 6mos of age but she is pushing it by bringing him all summer (so she doesn't have to pay dc for 3 kids) even though he is 7 months already now.

So she asks if she can borrow my exersaucer to keep him busy.

Really? I am here, all by my lonesome, with a 7mo, an 8mo, and a 9mo. I think I might just need MY exersaucer here more than she needs MY exersaucer there! If it was sitting dusty in the corner I can see her asking but not when I am clearly using it very regularly!

Another rant: It is bill time for one family. I generally set the bills on the stairs so the parents see them when they go up. So this family must be expecting their bill because dcd just stands at the top of the stairs yesterday and calls for dcg to go up, so of course he didn't see the bill. I didn't think much of it until this morning when they send older sister in with the kids to drop off and dcm waits in the car. Cuz you know they don't owe if they haven't received a bill!

* I will send it out in dckids hands today if needed.

Plus dcm of 9mo asked me to feed him dinner tonight at 5:00pm because she won't get here until 5:30. I close at 5:30 so that is fine but seriously - I have 8 kids getting picked up between 5:00-5:30! I am very busy at that time to squeeze in a dinner.
MarinaVanessa 08:05 AM 06-13-2013
Oh good lordy, people are funny little creatures sometimes aren't they? I mean, I think it's awesome that DCM gets to take the baby to work with her but if she needs a toy to occupy her baby she should just get one for herself to keep at work anyway. She can probably even get an inexpensive one off of CL ... but why do that when I can borrow one from my daycare lady? I mean she and the babies she takes care of don't need it as bad as I need it and she would just LOVE to loan hers to me, why wouldn't she?

As far as the payment part goes ... I'd definitely send the DCP's child up with an invoice at pick-up today. When are they due to pay? If they pay late because they "forgot" to take their invoice home I would give them a new invoice with their new amount including late fees.
spud912 02:45 PM 06-13-2013
Wow, seriously! It's not like you're using it or anything! What did you say to her when she asked? I probably would have said something along the lines of "Oh yeah, those exersaucers are great, aren't they? As you can see, all three of my little ones use it frequently throughout the day so lending it out is not feasible. Why don't you check out Craigslist for one that is reasonably priced?"

As far as payment goes, I would send out a reminder text or email saying something along the lines of "Hi Dcd, I was cleaning up the stair area and noticed your billing statement. It may have slipped out of sight when you dropped off today so I will send it home with dc child. Thank you! See you later!"

With the mom wanting you to feed dinner, is this something you normally offer? If not, say that that you did not have a dinner planned for any dc kids today so she will have to be responsible for that.
nanglgrl 03:56 PM 06-13-2013
Crazy daycare lady it looks like you have some crazy daycare clients. I wouldn't send the bill with a child for fear they would say they never got it. I would not feed the other child supper or loan out the exersaucer either and all of these request would have been met with my "are you kidding me?" look.
Reply Up