Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Halloween & Advertising??
Crazy8 04:14 PM 10-23-2014
Has anyone done the business cards on candy thing or anything else for Halloween goodies to advertise your daycare??? Since I just got 2 weeks notice for 2 kids and have another leaving in 2 months I thought this may be a good opportunity.

I don't keep a sign on my lawn advertising the daycare (really don't want to advertise to strangers that I'm home alone with kids all day!) but thinking of getting one just for Halloween. Do you think that would help?? I am not a very outgoing person to just talk up my daycare so need all the help I can get!
hope 04:24 PM 10-23-2014
I never thought of that but it sounds like a great idea! Maybe a sign for your lawn and one by your front door just in case they missed the lawn one. Wishing you the best of luck!
KiddieCahoots 04:39 PM 10-23-2014
Go for it! The parents usually go through the candy before the kids eat it, perfect opportunity to advertise!
It's sounds pretty clever to me.
Tom has a Marketing Guide book that I was able to get at one of his trainings, it has this idea and a lot of other really good ideas too that may be helpful
AuntTami 05:21 PM 10-23-2014
I had this idea about a month ago, and I think I'm going to do it as well since I have two out of three slots open right now!

I also think I'm going to dress up, but I'm not sure as what yet! Something kid friendly, obviously. And I don't think I'm going to hand out candy, maybe go-gurt's or fruit snacks, since they're a healthier option to candy(and then I can eat all the candy myself *insert oinking noise here*)

Halloween has kinda snuck right up on me this year! It's next week already! I have to get to making my business cards!
Michael 09:09 PM 10-23-2014
More advertising on Halloween threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...g+on+halloween
Laurel 09:31 PM 10-23-2014
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
Has anyone done the business cards on candy thing or anything else for Halloween goodies to advertise your daycare??? Since I just got 2 weeks notice for 2 kids and have another leaving in 2 months I thought this may be a good opportunity.

I don't keep a sign on my lawn advertising the daycare (really don't want to advertise to strangers that I'm home alone with kids all day!) but thinking of getting one just for Halloween. Do you think that would help?? I am not a very outgoing person to just talk up my daycare so need all the help I can get!
I've done it. My grandkids, at the time, had several cards in their bags from all kinds of businesses!
DaveA 04:59 AM 10-24-2014
Sounds like a great idea. Go for it.
Crazy8 07:48 AM 10-24-2014
reading thru one of the threads from last year about it seems like it was a bust for most people who tried it.

Maybe I will just set up a little table outside the door with the candy and then if a parent wants the info they can take it.
Tags:advertising on halloween
Reply Up