Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Year Old Curriculum
sharlan 04:05 PM 08-23-2018
I've never really "played school" with my littles. I usually wait until about 4. Since I only have the two 2 1/2yos, I thought I would like to start with them this year. This is my last year so I don't want to spend too much on a curriculum.

I don't have a circle time. I just read to them when they bring me books.

I would like to be a bit more organized/formal with them.

Any suggestions?

Dcg is 2y9m and knows most of her colors and shapes. Can sing quite a few songs. Isn't overly verbal otherwise, but is starting to talk more.

Dcb is 2y6m and says about 20 words. He makes his wants/needs known by mostly pointing. I encourage him to talk by asking do you want A or B.
sharlan 04:07 PM 08-23-2018
I need something that holds my hand and tells me what to do every step of the way.
LysesKids 04:27 PM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I need something that holds my hand and tells me what to do every step of the way.
Unless you buy a formal curriculum, next best is finding something online for like homeschooling preschool? Haven't worried about the in years lol. I usually just take my books I own ( including Art) and do poems & songs in English & French, but all mine are under 18 months
hwichlaz 04:45 PM 08-23-2018
I really love Build Curric. It's at www.notimeforflashcards.com

you can purchase one theme at a time for like $6.99 so try one and see if you like it...I love them.
MarinaVanessa 07:39 PM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I really love Build Curric. It's at www.notimeforflashcards.com

you can purchase one theme at a time for like $6.99 so try one and see if you like it...I love them.
I checked it out and what I'm hesitant about is that I can't see what I'm getting. It tells me what's included but I'd like to actually see a sample of what it looks like. Do you have photos of what you get? I'm assuming it's a download?
sharlan 09:14 PM 08-23-2018
I found one I think I like - homeceoacademy.

You can get a free week download.
hwichlaz 07:03 AM 08-24-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I checked it out and what I'm hesitant about is that I can't see what I'm getting. It tells me what's included but I'd like to actually see a sample of what it looks like. Do you have photos of what you get? I'm assuming it's a download?
My iPad is a pain to upload photos on the forum. If you pm me a number I can either iMessage or Facebook messenger, I’ll send pics.
Tags:2 year old, curriculum, curriculum - toddlers
Reply Up