Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Does Someone in Your Family or Circle of Friends Have COVID-19
Yes - They Had Serious Heath Effects 11 22.00%
Yes - They Tested Positive 10 20.00%
Yes - Asymteanatic - no symptoms 0 0%
No 29 58.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Covid-19 Poll
Michael 11:37 AM 07-22-2020
This poll is anonymous. I’m wondering about the impact of this virus. I understand about the impact on our businesses and economical impact on our society. I am more interested in the actual disease and those that are affected and infected by it.
Cat Herder 11:52 AM 07-22-2020
The second wave got my small town.

I have one previous co-worker currently in ICU and one being buried this weekend. Both public safety.

I have one family member (not in my household) and one previous client with very mild symptoms and recovering well.
Michael 12:05 PM 07-22-2020
Thanks for the info. I live in CA and do not know of anyone yet. (Knock on wood) I have a friend who told me his cousin died in NYC from COVID but the next day he said it was a drug overdose but that he was tested postmortem for COVID.
happymom 12:14 PM 07-22-2020
Are you asking if someone has it right now? Or past tense?
Michael 01:50 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by happymom:
Are you asking if someone has it right now? Or past tense?
This is considered a pandemic. Have or had it.
e.j. 02:49 PM 07-22-2020
The father of one of my dcds died and the grandfather of a friend passed away from complications caused by COVID.
Cat Herder 12:15 PM 07-22-2020
Both of the ones who got very ill worked the protests.

Repeated exposures over the last three weeks and very long, stressful hours on the job. I, personally, feel that is why they succumbed. They were already so worn down before the exposure that got them.
Josiegirl 12:28 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Both of the ones who got very ill worked the protests.

Repeated exposures over the last three weeks and very long, stressful hours on the job. I, personally, feel that is why they succumbed. They were already so worn down before the exposure that got them.
CatHerder, I'm sorry.
Cat Herder 01:02 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
CatHerder, I'm sorry.
Thank you, it is hitting the community pretty hard.

I think if another poll was done only including areas within 2-4 hours drive of the major rioting/protesting sites (like my community) the numbers would be polar opposites.
happymom 12:33 PM 07-22-2020
My aunt had it. She lives with her husband and my very elderly grandfather. We all thought he was a goner, but she kept it to herself and no other household members caught it!

She had symptoms, tested positive, but wasn't overly sick. She caught it (probably) from someone she worked with who also tested positive.
Blackcat31 12:55 PM 07-22-2020
I voted no, as it's barely made it's way to my part of the state let alone my family but my Uncle (whom I see only once per year/lives 3 hrs away but in same state) got COVID and was hospitalized. He was released from the hospital after about 10 days and went home.

I guess about a week after he started having some kidney issues. Supposedly related to having COVID. He was re-admitted to the hospital and passed away about a week later.

I am hesitant to say his death was COVID although I am sure it will be counted that way statistically. He wasn't in perfect health prior to COVID and was 87 years old.

Otherwise, I know no one that has it or has had it.
Former Teacher 05:48 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
The second wave got my small town.

I have one previous co-worker currently in ICU and one being buried this weekend. Both public safety.

I have one family member (not in my household) and one previous client with very mild symptoms and recovering well.
I am so sorry Cat Herder
Pandaluver21 07:33 PM 07-22-2020
I know nobody personally.
An older couple in my church got it, one recovered quickly, the other was hospitalized. Both are doing well now.
A daycare friend a town over is currently shut down because two of her DCP have tested positive (two different families)
kendallina 08:46 PM 07-22-2020
Small town in Ohio

Fortunately I do not know anyone personally who has tested positive. We have any 20,000 University students about to descend on our town from all over the world, so I'm concerned that will change.
Josiegirl 03:35 AM 07-23-2020
I don't know of anyone personally; I live in a small town in Vt. The Numbers here are good, so far, with a slight increase currently. But my ds who lives in the Burlington area; they know people who have gotten it. Some have recovered and some are still battling leftover symptoms. So far, it's affected mostly nursing home residents in Vt.'s biggest city. We do now have about 6 positive cases about 10 miles from here. That might seem like small potatoes but keep in mind how quickly it spreads and that our area is rural.

I completely understand and agree that respect for both sides(aren't we all in this together?) should be shown. I haven't personally witnessed any disrespect whether a mask is worn or not, at least not locally. But I've heard lots of stories and read the news and find it appalling.
tenderhearts 10:43 AM 07-23-2020
We know someone who tested positive for over a month (we did not have any contact with them). She had very mild symptoms and was only tested due to loss of taste. She had a low grade fever of 99 and a throat irritation for only a few days nothing else but she tested positive for over a month. Her husband never got it and neither of her kids or grand kids whom she was around a lot.
Valerie928 03:29 PM 08-07-2020
I know a mother age 39, married with 6 kids who tested positive, her only symptoms were feeling feverish and loss of smell. She passed it on to only her husband and 2 of the 6 kids. All mild cases. A friend of mine owns a restaurant and caught covid back in April. Again mild and he did not pass it on to his wife or 2 children. Another couple I know had covid last month and just had cold symptoms. I personally am not worried for me or my husband and kids. If we catch we will be fine. My cousin works at a large children's hospital in an adjacent city to me and they have not seen any covid, sadly just a spike in abuse cases. My friend works directly with dialysis patients who are covid positive and she has been A-OK too. I live in NY
Pandaluver21 08:36 PM 08-23-2020
I went from not knowing anyone personally, to knowing several people in the last month.
1 family of 2 adults and 7 kids. All but the baby got it I believe. 1 adult went to the hospital, but has gone home.
1 family of 2 adults, one of them visiting their adult daughter and her two girls. Both adults and the adult daughter got it. One adult is in ICU.
1 family (that runs a daycare) both adults and son got it. 1 adult was in ICU for a while, but is home now.
1 family with 2 adults and 3 kids. Both adults and oldest daughter have it.
1 older gentleman, he has passed away (last week)

So 18 people in the last month... not to mention the "friends of friends" that have it :|
Josiegirl 02:55 AM 08-24-2020
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I went from not knowing anyone personally, to knowing several people in the last month.
1 family of 2 adults and 7 kids. All but the baby got it I believe. 1 adult went to the hospital, but has gone home.
1 family of 2 adults, one of them visiting their adult daughter and her two girls. Both adults and the adult daughter got it. One adult is in ICU.
1 family (that runs a daycare) both adults and son got it. 1 adult was in ICU for a while, but is home now.
1 family with 2 adults and 3 kids. Both adults and oldest daughter have it.
1 older gentleman, he has passed away (last week)

So 18 people in the last month... not to mention the "friends of friends" that have it :|
Scary. All within a month.
Good luck to all of them and sorry about the one who passed.
Annalee 05:16 AM 08-24-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Scary. All within a month.
Good luck to all of them and sorry about the one who passed.
My aunt was in the hospital for five days this past week with covid. She is still sleeping in recliner with oxygen due to breathing issues. She is 66. We call to check on her but doctor has advised for her not to be around anyone or anyone be around her since no one really knows about covid and they are learning as they go. She had tested positive and was in quarantine and on the 12th day of quarantine she took a turn for the worse and ended up in the hospital so it's been a while she has been struggling.
Snowmom 06:53 AM 08-24-2020
My heart breaks for these stories.

I wasn't sure how to personally answer the poll.
I was sick in March and there wasn't any testing available here. I was told that I had pneumonia from my X-rays. They suspected it might be covid, but my O2 was at 94 and I didn't have a temp at the time. I had severe breathing issues. I was in/out of the ER in a two week period because I felt like I was suffocating. Prednisone and a Z-pack didn't touch this.
I have had pneumonia before, this felt so much different. Usually, I feel chest heavy and slight short of breath with it (I have asthma). This was a panic inducing suffocation. I was exhausted, pale, could barely talk without having to take several deep breaths for one sentence. Two weeks prior, I had an intense sore throat for a day and a mild temp of 100. For a day!
The "after" has lasted one and off for 4 months. Dr's are saying it's my asthma. I don't believe it. Asthma for me is attacks- short attacks that my inhaler has controlled for decades. I have had two (negative) CV tests now in the past couple months since as I still have some lingering issues that come/go ("asthma"- they switched my meds again that are surprise, of no help).

My mom is one of the conspiracy theorists about this pandemic. She tells me "see, you had it and you didn't die."

But I tell her- I wanted to.
It was that frightening.
Tags:coronavirus - symptoms, covid-19, poll
Reply Up