Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Outdoor Playhouse Would You Suggest?
BBDC 04:34 PM 02-04-2012
I am looking to invest in an outdoor playhouse for my daycare and wondering what you all have and what you would suggest? I would like to not spend to much but they are pretty expensive so want to get some ideas from all of you first!
Crazy8 06:24 PM 02-04-2012
mine is OLD.... got it when DD was 2 - so about 10 years ago, LOL!!

It looks just like this but slightly different colors.

It's held up great, been outside for 10 years, was taken apart once to move to new house. I did repaint the door because it was so faded - they make spraypaint for plastic that worked great!

I am however sorry I got that (think it was about $400-500 back 10 years ago) instead of getting more of a climber. I don't find the kids used the inside of the playhouse nearly as much as they do the slide.

And I think newer ones have bottoms to them, right? Mine doesn't and I hate that its all dirt underneath (always wanted a sectioned off area with some type of playground material but never had the $$$ to do it).
Meeko 07:34 AM 02-05-2012
We have the Little Tikes cabin. All the kids love it.
Attached: cabin.jpg (115.6 KB) 
Blackcat31 08:26 AM 02-05-2012
I have the Little Tikes Castle and a couple other playhouses they made a few years back. I leave them outside all winter and they do well.

My DCK's love every single one of them and they are probably the most played with "toys" I have.

The castle belonged to my own children and has lasted at daycare for 20 years! So I recommend any of the Little Tikes stuff... they are durable, washable and tons of fun!
SandeeAR 01:41 PM 02-05-2012
The pink, blue and white one that a DC family donated to me when they moved !!!!
Mary Poppins 01:56 PM 02-05-2012
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
The pink, blue and white one that a DC family donated to me when they moved !!!!
THOSE ARE THE BEST!!

I found tons of outdoor stuff on CL for pretty cheap. Good quality, too!

I really want that castle playhouse Blackcat has, though!!
heyhun77 04:10 PM 02-05-2012
I had my dad build me one. It has a deck floor so no water builds up and then a railing around all four sides so I can see what is going on in there. The roof was left open and I put a playsystem roof on it. The kids love it and since it's treated lumber it'll last a long time.
snbauser 04:16 PM 02-05-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
We have the Little Tikes cabin. All the kids love it.
I have this one. I like how tall it is inside the middle. I can actually get in there if I need to.
Abigail 05:14 PM 02-05-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have the Little Tikes Castle and a couple other playhouses they made a few years back. I leave them outside all winter and they do well.

My DCK's love every single one of them and they are probably the most played with "toys" I have.

The castle belonged to my own children and has lasted at daycare for 20 years! So I recommend any of the Little Tikes stuff... they are durable, washable and tons of fun!
Our other daycare had one of these. The kids loved it! It was big enough for us as an adult to go inside to help a child climb. The downfall was some kids who were 3-5 would climb on the outside or climb up from inside and lift themselves to the very top and jump off. With basic rules on play though it is a great castle. We had 8 kids in it at once, but we did remove the small side door because the littles kept getting hit with it or pinched fingers.
Tags:outdoor equipment, playhouse, playhouse - plastic
Reply Up