Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What to Make with Cardboard Box?
AuntTami 10:06 AM 07-19-2015
We're getting central air installed tomorrow and the unit arrived today. It came in a big cardboard box that doesn't have ends but has a removable cardboard cover.

Now I know we could make many things with this, but I'm drawing a complete blank at the moment. Any suggestions on what to do with our box?
Attached: image.jpg (98.4 KB) 
BumbleBee 02:34 PM 07-19-2015
I usually just let my kids decorate big boxes with crayons/markers and let them use it however they want. Our two boxes right now have been robots, houses and race cars so far. I'll probably toss them at the end of this week if they make it that long!
Crystal 04:08 PM 07-19-2015
A cozy area with pillows, books, a sheer curtain over the front of it?
Unregistered 11:10 PM 07-19-2015
We've done space shuttle using a lot of paint, markers, aluminum foil. You can make a whole shuttle dramatic play area using anything like old keyboard, screen, old phone, notebooks with pencils, binders, kids artwork of space, astronaut costumes, alien costumes, books about space, aliens or astronauts, snow boots, ... Idk what else!

Also I've done bear cave: made a river/creek/ lake next to it with blue sheets or blankets or towels, get out any woodland stuffed animals, have kids color paper fish cut outs and decorate walls or make a fishing game somehow, pillows and books in the cave about bears, woods, etc, ...
AuntTami 10:32 AM 07-20-2015
Awesome ideas! We ended up just coloring all over it and having morning snack in there! My nap time boycotter is laying in there with a book now.
AmyKidsCo 12:34 PM 07-20-2015
Nothing!

Set it out and see what the children want to do with it. Be prepared to provide paint, markers, tape, stickers, etc, if they needed it.
AuntTami 12:42 PM 07-20-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Nothing!

Set it out and see what the children want to do with it. Be prepared to provide paint, markers, tape, stickers, etc, if they needed it.
That's exactly what I did. I set it on the floor with the basket of markers and crayons and we decorated some of it. There's a lot left to decorate, maybe we will paint it OUTSIDE tomorrow lol. We were getting the air installed today so we had to stay inside.
Laurel 06:18 PM 07-20-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Nothing!

All you have to do is give them the box. They'll find lots of things to do with it. The best toy ever!

Laurel
Tags:arts and crafts, cardboard boxes
Reply Up