Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Sunscreen for DCB - Update
Jujube835 12:23 PM 08-06-2015
Well.. DCM picked up at 1 today unexpectedly. I hadn't had a chance to type up a termination letter.

I also wasn't prepared to talk to her yet, as I didn't know how I would word it.

So anyways, I told her that I had not had a chance to type up a formal letter but that I was terminating care. I told her that I would email her the official notice tonight. I basically justsaid I didn't think my program was right for DCB.

She was obviously upset and told me that I "can't do that." I stayed calm and told her that we are in our trial time and that I can terminate for any reason. I also explained that this is not personal it's strictly a matter of liability. Also, a huge inconvenience to keep DCB constantly shaded.

She didn't say anything else and just left. But then I got a text message about an hour ago saying that I'm discriminating and this is illegal. But here's the kicker… She said that DCB smells like sunscreen and she knows I put some on him. I would never do that! I would never never never put sunscreen on him!

So I responded in all caps telling her that I would never do that. And she hasn't responded. Basically, I'm sure she's calling licensing on me.

Anyways, I sent my licenser a heads up email.

... Just thought I'd give an update.

This all started so calmly too! They seemed SO SO nice. I'm sure I can't get into any trouble here. I legitimately did nothing wrong!
Tags:sunscreen
Up