Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another CA Immunization Issue
daycare 07:48 PM 10-17-2016
I HATE THIS NEW LAW.....

so when the law changed, I changed my policies to reflect. There is a zero grace period for immunization updates.

I have a family that was out of compliance back in May and I told them that we can't let that happen again. Currently the only consequence that I have for failure to report on time is I suspend services until it's brought up to date.

PROBLEM is, is that if the child is here or not, if my files are inspected by the state, it does not matter if the child is in attendance or not, out of compliance, is still out of compliance.

WELL this family is out of compliance again. I over looked it, as the child is on a delayed schedule per the doctor, BUT our rules state that it is the parents responsibility to stay current on all vaccinations and update me on or before the immunization due date.

I really think that I need to have a different consequence to stop the repeat offenders from doing this.

Normally, I have a good system set up that reminds me 30 days in advance, but it's not MY responsibility to remind parents to care for their children.

thanks if you have gotten this far...sorry so long.

what rule or consequence would you implement for families that continue to break this LAW....
Up