Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Daycare Insurance Cover YOUR Injuries?
SunflowerMama 06:59 AM 05-29-2013
Let's say hypothetically one of you dcks hypothetically slams your finger in a door. Hypothetically you need to go to Urgent Care, pay $100 co-pay, pay for an xray and then pay for a splint for your now broken finger. Does anyone know if daycare insurance helps to pay for any of that? Just asking....hypothetically of course .
itlw8 07:09 AM 05-29-2013
check the policy.. most would cover an employee
daycarediva 04:58 PM 05-29-2013
Mine doesn't but I just got AFLAC after an injury.
Laurel 05:23 PM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
Let's say hypothetically one of you dcks hypothetically slams your finger in a door. Hypothetically you need to go to Urgent Care, pay $100 co-pay, pay for an xray and then pay for a splint for your now broken finger. Does anyone know if daycare insurance helps to pay for any of that? Just asking....hypothetically of course .
I'm too lazy to go look at mine but I think I remember that they will cover it for an additional premium. I don't think it is included automatically.

Laurel
Boringinsurancelady 06:30 PM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
Liability Insurance (which is designated to cover injuries or property damage) is designed to cover the 3rd party, not the insured. Some policies may come with a rider where your medical expenses can be paid, but is not typical in personal daycare (or Home Owner's or Renter's insurance policies). Auto is a little different in which some states offer personal injury protection (aka medical payments depending on state). You might check w/ your daycare insurance company to see if they do offer any riders at an additional premium.
Reply Up