Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-26-2014, 02:55 PM
Hartingirl's Avatar
Hartingirl Hartingirl is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Neptune Beach, Fl
Posts: 53
Default Ideas for Attracting New Parents to My New Preschool?

Good evening!

I am a licensed and certified teacher and have been working for the last year to create my own in-home preschool program. I think I've created something really wonderful with lots of beautiful learning spaces, an outdoor classroom, wonderful resources, a large student garden for planting, cultivating, and harvesting, and more. I am offering a variety of enrollment choices (which are not available in most other daycare/preschools around me), and have researched my competition and have set my prices for what I believe to be fair given what I'm offering (higher priced than unlicensed or more "daycare-like" home/center settings, but more affordable than most of the large centers around me). I have built a bit of a following in the process of becoming licensed and registered here in Florida.

I know this is probably a tough time to start in this business. However, I've had NO inquiries for a tour, and my research showed me that my services are most definitely wanted and needed in my area.

I'd love to offer some sort of a special or a deal to attract new parents in the New Year, but I also don't want to sell myself short or look too "cheap". You know?

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you SO much!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-26-2014, 03:10 PM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,539
Default

How are you advertising? Before I went to 'deals', I would really advertise. Website, facebook, craigslist, flyers everywhere, do an open house, etc.

If that didn't help, THEN I would offer deals, like half off first week, $50 referral incentive, no registration fee
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-26-2014, 04:14 PM
nothingwithoutjoy's Avatar
nothingwithoutjoy nothingwithoutjoy is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 1,027
Default

People need to see your beautiful spaces, and spread the word for you. Get photos out there any way you can, and I'd definitely do an open house (that's how I got all my first kids). If people won't come for an open house, do an event in your space (a workshop for families? an art day for kids?). Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'd hold out on deals too. Advertise, advertise, advertise! Flyers, open houses, tours, magnetic sign on your care from vista print, business cards.....hand them out often! Talk to everyone about your preschool! Oh, create a brochure too.

I agree......I taught in a private 1/2 preschool program for ten years. I hate to say it, but Dec./Jan would be a tough time to open.

I am also a licensed teacher and would love to do this, but my state offers free 4k. I'm seriously thinking of offering a 2 yr old and 3 yr old program.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-26-2014, 04:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

That's magnetic sign on your car, not care! ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-26-2014, 05:37 PM
kendallina's Avatar
kendallina kendallina is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,666
Default

I agree with PP who suggested getting pics of your space out there (as well as advertising to parents of your credentials). Do you have a website that comes up in searches? Also, do you have any way of getting to know parents in the area...do you have young children that you could take to library story times?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-27-2014, 06:17 AM
Hartingirl's Avatar
Hartingirl Hartingirl is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Neptune Beach, Fl
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
How are you advertising? Before I went to 'deals', I would really advertise. Website, facebook, craigslist, flyers everywhere, do an open house, etc.

If that didn't help, THEN I would offer deals, like half off first week, $50 referral incentive, no registration fee
This is great advice. I've actually advertised mostly on FB ("share this post!") and Craigslist, but I have yet to do any flyers or anything else. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-27-2014, 06:18 AM
Hartingirl's Avatar
Hartingirl Hartingirl is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Neptune Beach, Fl
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy View Post
People need to see your beautiful spaces, and spread the word for you. Get photos out there any way you can, and I'd definitely do an open house (that's how I got all my first kids). If people won't come for an open house, do an event in your space (a workshop for families? an art day for kids?). Good luck!
Oh, great ideas!! Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-27-2014, 06:19 AM
Hartingirl's Avatar
Hartingirl Hartingirl is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Neptune Beach, Fl
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'd hold out on deals too. Advertise, advertise, advertise! Flyers, open houses, tours, magnetic sign on your care from vista print, business cards.....hand them out often! Talk to everyone about your preschool! Oh, create a brochure too.

I agree......I taught in a private 1/2 preschool program for ten years. I hate to say it, but Dec./Jan would be a tough time to open.

I am also a licensed teacher and would love to do this, but my state offers free 4k. I'm seriously thinking of offering a 2 yr old and 3 yr old program.
I LOVE the magnet on car idea! Thanks so much for suggesting that!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-27-2014, 06:20 AM
Hartingirl's Avatar
Hartingirl Hartingirl is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Neptune Beach, Fl
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallina View Post
I agree with PP who suggested getting pics of your space out there (as well as advertising to parents of your credentials). Do you have a website that comes up in searches? Also, do you have any way of getting to know parents in the area...do you have young children that you could take to library story times?
I do have a website, but have been working hard on SEO... it's a beast!

I have young kiddos, so the library idea is a great one, for sure!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-27-2014, 09:42 AM
Stepping's Avatar
Stepping Stepping is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 218
Default

Are there any online parent forums, blogs or facebook groups in your area? I did most of my advertising for free in these sites during the start up process and it worked really well. Put as many photos of your space on your posts as you can.

Also, I built a website really quickly and easily using wix.com. Here's mine:
www.steppingstonesnurseryschool.net
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-29-2014, 02:03 PM
Controlled Chaos's Avatar
Controlled Chaos Controlled Chaos is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepping View Post
Are there any online parent forums, blogs or facebook groups in your area? I did most of my advertising for free in these sites during the start up process and it worked really well. Put as many photos of your space on your posts as you can.

Also, I built a website really quickly and easily using wix.com. Here's mine:
www.steppingstonesnurseryschool.net
Your website is beautiful. I want to come to your daycare!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Learning Daycare's Avatar
Learning Daycare Learning Daycare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Washington DC area
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos View Post
Your website is beautiful. I want to come to your daycare!
I was thinking the same thing!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-29-2014, 03:39 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepping View Post
Are there any online parent forums, blogs or facebook groups in your area? I did most of my advertising for free in these sites during the start up process and it worked really well. Put as many photos of your space on your posts as you can.

Also, I built a website really quickly and easily using wix.com. Here's mine:
www.steppingstonesnurseryschool.net
I love your site....what did you use to make that water wall I sooooooo want to make one
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-30-2014, 06:07 AM
AnythingsPossible's Avatar
AnythingsPossible AnythingsPossible is offline
Daycare Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 801
Default

I dont know how large of an area you live, but in our town the local newspaper runs stories on new businesses frequently. Business owners call the paper and tell them about their business then the paper comes and does photos and runs a story. Something to look in to. Get some business cards and spend time at local parks talking to families and getting your name out there. Print out flyers with pictures of your facility and main points and put them in places frequented by families.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-15-2016, 11:03 AM
A home child care
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up A home childcare

Good morning every one!!!
I am a home sitter mom has 2 girls and I have a 12 year of childcare experience.
We will have a breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snacks, cookies organic fruits and veggies at home child care.
I am not smoking, drinking, my family doesn't smoke or drink too.
We love kids and decided to open a day care at my apartment, it has a space to play and study 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment. And we will have outdoor games and fun!!!
My family and I have all flu shots as needed: chicken pox...
And I also have an experience for nursing for 12+ years.
Thanks hope you will annoy
More information contact or text.

Last edited by Blackcat31; 08-15-2016 at 11:29 AM. Reason: removed contact info
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Question - Most of You Feel Parents Are a Pain in the Backside Unregistered Parents and Guardians Forum 62 01-29-2016 02:50 AM
Any Cute Ideas for DCKs to Make Parents? Josiegirl Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 18 12-02-2015 11:21 PM
Lost 2 to the Fancy Preschool, Feeling Bitter BumbleBee Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 09-06-2015 12:28 PM
Opinions On Parents Contributions Heidi Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 42 04-17-2013 07:31 AM
Established Dayhome Adding A Pre-School Program Wigglesandgiggles Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 1 07-01-2012 07:33 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:44 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming