Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thanksgiving......
MissAnn 07:45 AM 11-23-2016
We work all year cooking nutritious meals.....then we get an extra 2 days off.....so we can.....

COOK!

It's great to be thankful and all.....just wish cooking and cleaning didn't come with it.

I voted for Cracker Barrel. I was voted out.
Baby Beluga 08:40 AM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
We work all year cooking nutritious meals.....then we get an extra 2 days off.....so we can.....

COOK!

It's great to be thankful and all.....just wish cooking and cleaning didn't come with it.

Haha! Here Macaroni Grill is open for Thanksgiving dinner. DH won't be attending, but DD and myself will go over to my in-laws for the holiday. They make food I am not found of (but I wouldn't dream of saying anything, so I end up eating either before or after their meal). I told DH we should skip and go to the Macaroni Grill
Annalee 08:55 AM 11-23-2016

COOK!

I follow the food program for daycare and we grill alot at home, BUT I am not a health food person.....we love good ole' southern food ALL YEAR LONG no matter if it's a football game, Sunday dinner, etc.! So that means Holidays are full of even more good ole' southern cooking... But I have cheated and started using throw-away pans...that helps alot! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Blackcat31 09:12 AM 11-23-2016
I used to plan, prepare, host and clean up for most holidays.

Now my DH does all the planning, shopping, preparing and cooking for most meals. Holidays included.

Our adult children come home to eat and replenish their pantries and cupboards so they clean after the meal.

Win - win for me!!

I just relax on the sofa in my ugly "sweater" leggings and ask a minimum of 10-15 times "when's the turkey done?"

Then later after all the festivities have ended, the kitchen's clean and dishes are done and put away, kids are back on the road to home and hubby is napping in his Acorn chair with his feet up, I will eat that one last piece of pumpkin pie.....

....followed up with a big 'ole mug of "adult" egg nog.

YEP! Totally looking forward to tomorrow!!!

MissAnn 09:42 AM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I follow the food program for daycare and we grill alot at home, BUT I am not a health food person.....we love good ole' southern food ALL YEAR LONG no matter if it's a football game, Sunday dinner, etc.! So that means Holidays are full of even more good ole' southern cooking... But I have cheated and started using throw-away pans...that helps alot! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
I love southern food next after Mexican. We moved to the south 21 years ago......and had my first taste of fried okra! Oh my!!!!!
MissAnn 09:44 AM 11-23-2016
My dad was a poultry scientist.
I like ham for Thanksgiving!
daycarediva 09:53 AM 11-23-2016
I LOVE to cook. I start tonight, the menu this year that I am making is (we are hosting, but everyone brings a ton more food, too) One family in charge of finger foods, dips, horsdeurves, whatever they decide on. Another in charge of more italian dishes, I heard steak pizzaiola, antipasto, and a fish dish, another in charge of liquour, and my MIL is baking italian cookies, making seafood alfredo, and bruschetta.

I have a HUGE wine stash. I get up at 4, and start cooking away. I switch from coffee to wine after my morning shower break- around 9.

Dh is responsible for cleaning and getting the kids ready for company (showered, dressed, rooms clean)

turkey
prime rib
crab legs
shrimp tray
mashed potatoes (garlic smashed this year) & gravy
homemade stuffing
homemade cranberry sauce
lasagna
eggplant parm
homemade meatballs
broccoli and rice casserole
homemade clam chowder (new england style)
salad
homemade rolls
blueberry, peach, cherry, apple, pecan, chocolate pies (will make tonight)
cheesecake (made that this morning before work)

Family starts pouring in early- around 10/11. The cards and dominoes come out, and we eat ALL DAY while watching football and playing games. This year, we are going SCREEN FREE, so auntie made a cell phone basket.
DaveA 10:04 AM 11-23-2016
Aside from the traditional "biggies" (turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberries, pies) it's all finger foods. Veggie trays, chips and dips, crackers and chili cheese dip, cookies. Stuff I can set out and forget about.
Baby Beluga 10:11 AM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I LOVE to cook. I start tonight, the menu this year that I am making is (we are hosting, but everyone brings a ton more food, too) One family in charge of finger foods, dips, horsdeurves, whatever they decide on. Another in charge of more italian dishes, I heard steak pizzaiola, antipasto, and a fish dish, another in charge of liquour, and my MIL is baking italian cookies, making seafood alfredo, and bruschetta.

I have a HUGE wine stash. I get up at 4, and start cooking away. I switch from coffee to wine after my morning shower break- around 9.

Dh is responsible for cleaning and getting the kids ready for company (showered, dressed, rooms clean)

turkey
prime rib
crab legs
shrimp tray
homemade stuffing
homemade cranberry sauce
lasagna
eggplant parm
homemade meatballs
salad
homemade rolls

Family starts pouring in early- around 10/11. The cards and dominoes come out, and we eat ALL DAY while watching football and playing games. This year, we are going SCREEN FREE, so auntie made a cell phone basket.
Can I come to your house?
Annalee 10:28 AM 11-23-2016
I love southern food next after Mexican. We moved to the south 21 years ago......and had my first taste of fried okra! Oh my!!!!!
I like Mexican, too! My family and extended family likes food, in general....lots of kin folks who like to cook.
Silly Songs 10:29 AM 11-23-2016

turkey
prime rib
crab legs
shrimp tray
homemade stuffing
homemade cranberry sauce
lasagna
eggplant parm
homemade meatballs
salad
homemade rolls

What time should I be there ?
Annalee 10:31 AM 11-23-2016
My dad was a poultry scientist.
I like ham for Thanksgiving!
We have a smoker and cook the ham on top of the turkey..the juices keeps it moist and they both taste awesome... We will have close to 50 people tomorrow and closer to 70 with the other side of the family on Saturday!
daycarediva 10:32 AM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
anytime after 9! Bring your own tupperware for to-go plates!
MissAnn 10:49 AM 11-23-2016
We have a smoker and cook the ham on top of the turkey..the juices keeps it moist and they both taste awesome... We will have close to 50 people tomorrow and closer to 70 with the other side of the family on Saturday!
And I'm complaining about having to make lasagna.
Controlled Chaos 12:11 PM 11-23-2016
anytime after 9! Bring your own tupperware for to-go plates!
Seriously...we're all gonna show up lol
Baby Beluga 12:13 PM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Yep!
Blackcat31 12:44 PM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Sounds like someone is planning a road trip!!!!

I call shotgun!
AmyKidsCo 01:06 PM 11-23-2016
We have everyone in the family bring some things so no-one is stuck making everything. But I don't cook - DH does. I'm on clean-up duty.
LysesKids 06:06 PM 11-23-2016
I like Mexican, too! My family and extended family likes food, in general....lots of kin folks who like to cook.
I love to cook, but the only thing I'm making is an Apple pie and only because my son wants to learn how to make momma's pie... tomorrow is his 35th Birthday (I'm visiting in MD) and breakfast is Coffee & birthday cheesecake lol, then we make/cook pie and then we go to his girlfriends parents home for the actual Turkey dinner (along with all their relatives); It's the first meeting of the parents
lovemydaycare0912 07:26 AM 11-24-2016
Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm hosting but only my mom, aunt, uncle and sister are coming. I'm in charge of the pork shoulder and ham. Everything else is being brought. Just had to get up early to cook and clean! How do you have the patience to cook everything? I complained waking up at 7 to throw something into the slow cooker.
Reply Up