Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Infant And Napping
HappyEverAfter 06:24 AM 11-26-2017
I have a new infant starting tomorrow who at almost 8wks is much younger than my normal starting age of 3mths. (He is a relative so I made an exception) His mother said he doesn't have a set napping schedule and that he is sort of a cat napper sometimes, while he takes 2hr long naps other times. Being that I have never had one this young, I'm a little unsure how soon is too soon to try to get him on a routine napping schedule. The other infants I've had all came to me with already established, general napping schedules as to when they would fall asleep. Should I attempt to get him on a schedule and if so, what is the best way? Also, can anything be done to avoid him being a cat napper? Any and all nap tips welcome!
Mom2Two 11:16 AM 11-27-2017
I asked dcm to wake up dcb at 7am-ish each day so that I could start predicting his schedule. I asked her to write some notes each morning on wake up time, diaper, and feed, so that I had a better idea of how to read him. It helped me a lot.

He often only takes 30 minute naps, but it's not too bad. I only have him from 8 am til 12:30pm.
Tags:infant nap
Reply Up