Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Online CPR Certification
Hazel 10:01 AM 01-05-2013
I've Been certified for infant child First aid and CPR many times through the daycares I've worked at and then when I started my home daycare, my sister's center that she worked at would allow me to attend their classes every year to re certify, but she no longer lives in the area and I wanted to get re certified again...
Does anyone know of a GOOD website that provides not only the online class but also a an actual certification that I can give to parents? I work 2 jobs and it's nearly impossible to get to the classes right now. Im due for a re certification and I have a potential client asking me for my current card... But it's expiring.
There are so many coming up on google, I'm not sure which is the most credible.
I've taken the course so many times, I really just need the refresher and the paper to prove it! I am legally unlicensed, so i don't need it to be specifically approved by the state.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Patches 10:26 AM 01-05-2013
icpri.com

I took this online course and they send you a card in the mail, but I think you can also print a certificate once you're finished (I think)
Hazel 10:33 AM 01-05-2013
Originally Posted by miss_kristle:
icpri.com

I took this online course and they send you a card in the mail, but I think you can also print a certificate once you're finished (I think)
Thanks! I took the hands on classes so many times, i really just need the refresher and certificate. This helps! Ty
MyAngels 01:29 PM 01-05-2013
For the past few years I've done mainly the challenge class through the Red Cross, which only takes about 1/2 hour total. Last year I took the class through the American Heart Association online and then did the skills test at my local hospital, which took literally 10 minutes. The thing I like about the AHA certification is that it's good for two years, vs. the one year for the Red Cross.
grandmom 02:45 PM 01-07-2013
Check your regulations. My state requires a hands-on component.
wdmmom 03:10 PM 01-07-2013
I took the classroom section online through the American Heart Association and took the hands on (took about an hour to do the testing) at our local fire department back in November 2012.

My state also requires both the training and the hands-on testing.
Tags:cpr certified
Reply Up