Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I Say Something?
Liliya 04:47 AM 04-27-2011
and if yes,,how? and what? I have a child that comes first in the morning and very often with a BM diaper,he is next door neighbor,it takes them 30 seconds to get here,my point is that there is NO way he could poop on his way here. And like this morning I could tell that dad knew that he had a messy diaper,because he would not pick him up,even when they came he was walking by himself,usually dad holds him. Should I say something to mom,at pick up? or dad in the morning? Yesterday he brought him all wet,saying that they just change him,but probably he went to pee a lot and when he picked him up it all came out,,,
Cat Herder 05:09 AM 04-27-2011
"Wow! It sure is a good thing you live so close. See you guys in a few minutes. Breakfast is almost ready."

Close door.
harperluu 05:29 AM 04-27-2011
When this has happened to me in the past, I just hand them a diaper, my diaper changing pad and the wipes and say "Let me know if you need anything else." I've never had it happen more than once with the same client.
nannyde 05:30 AM 04-27-2011
I had a friend this happened too. The Dad neighbor across the street would bring the baby in a crappy diaper every day and say he did it on the way over to her house.

Tell him to go ahead and go back across the street and get him ready for daycare. You aren't in any hurry... take your time.
Evansmom 05:56 AM 04-27-2011
I had a mom do this to me as well. I felt as if she was of the attitude that "hey I pay you so you can do the dirty work I don't wanna do!". Sometimes she would stand there watching me change her child's diaper! Like she was my supervisor.

Needless to say they didn't last long with me.

My advice is that you should address it. Make it clear and to the point like "please make sure your baby arrives in a clean diaper every morning, thank you." No room for discussion.
laundrymom 06:03 AM 04-27-2011
Wo ways to go about it,...I have adopted a $5 inconvenience fee for not following contract agreement. That will be included in any new families contracts I enroll.

Since he is a current family I would say,... Hang on a minute. Grab a dipe, wipe, and pad then say,... As you are handing him the items. I'm sure you remember that children are to arrive dressed, and ready for play,... You can change him on the floor with the pad. And turn your attention to something else.
Liliya 06:06 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by Evansmom:
I had a mom do this to me as well. I felt as if she was of the attitude that "hey I pay you so you can do the dirty work I don't wanna do!". Sometimes she would stand there watching me change her child's diaper! Like she was my supervisor.

Needless to say they didn't last long with me.

My advice is that you should address it. Make it clear and to the point like "please make sure your baby arrives in a clean diaper every morning, thank you." No room for discussion.
Do you think it would be OK to put that note on a daily note? Sometimes I have a few parents at a same time here at pick up,or at the end of the day I may forget all about it..
Stacy214 06:06 AM 04-27-2011
Funny thing: This JUST happened to me this morning, my neighbor across the street brings in baby and he had a blow out....the funny part is this NEVER happens, he doesn't even smell so that being said, I'm sure it was totally over looked.
But in your instance, I would just have to say something. I like the responses too, and make it lighthearted. Hopefully they will get it. I would put it on your daily report
countrymom 06:09 AM 04-27-2011
happens here too, its like the 30sec. it takes to change a diaper is too much for them. I just don't understand how children poop in carseats without it looking like a flat pancake from sitting in it or why it isn't it all the way up their back.
PitterPatter 06:18 AM 04-27-2011
I have the same problem but not every day. I would say about 3 days a week dcm brings her child in a poopy diaper. I smell it as soon as they walk in so I know she has to be aware of it. She has the child in a car and picks him up for goodbye hugs so surely she smells it as well. Whats worse is she will linger for 5-10 minutes after signing him in knowing he has a poopy diaper. I decided I would hold out and see how long it takes her. She NEVER changes him just leaves knowing I will do it. Last week I even asked dcb in front of her if he went in his diaper already. He said yes and she says "eeeewww" and stands there with the diaper bag in hand!! I turned my attention to another child thinking NOW she will have to change him. Nope, she sat the diaper bag down, gave him a hug and left. It is in my handbook BOLD that each child is to arrive clean and dressed for the day with a fresh diaper. This family also has hygene problems. I guess I will have to come right out and tell her "You need to change your childs diaper!"
Meeko 07:00 AM 04-27-2011
I put printed notices on my door.(love that Printmaster!) It helps with not having to single out one family and yet gets the message across. I would post a notice that says something like:

Handbook Reminder! All children must arrive daily with a clean diaper on. If your child arrives wet or dirty, you are required to change them before you leave.

(or pay fee or whatever your requirements are)
Tags:arrival - with poopy diaper, bad parent, dirty diapers
Reply Up