Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Disinfecting Cots
Britt507 12:57 PM 08-13-2018
We are trying to get away from the bleach water. We have discovered that it causes people in our program to have asthma attacks.

We are trying to look for a different sanitizer/disinfectant for cots, tables, and toys.

What other options out there are there?
Michael 01:08 PM 08-13-2018
Here is a thread on Bleach Alternatives. I would also check with your license advisor if any alternative sanitizer is within your state’s guidelines. https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54848
LysesKids 02:53 PM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by Britt507:
We are trying to get away from the bleach water. We have discovered that it causes people in our program to have asthma attacks.

We are trying to look for a different sanitizer/disinfectant for cots, tables, and toys.

What other options out there are there?
I use Benefect... it's an EPA approved, plant based, hospital grade that doesn't require a wipe off... spray & let dry (almost $50 thru Amazon for a gallon). Less toxic than vinegar & water on toys
MarinaVanessa 03:32 PM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I use Benefect... it's an EPA approved, plant based, hospital grade that doesn't require a wipe off... spray & let dry (almost $50 thru Amazon for a gallon). Less toxic than vinegar & water on toys
SO I went to check it out and went to their website to see if it would kill Rotavirus and found in their FAQ's this little gem ...
"Can Benefect Be Used To Clean Up A Meth Lab?"

LysesKids 04:31 PM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
SO I went to check it out and went to their website to see if it would kill Rotavirus and found in their FAQ's this little gem ...
Haven't been on the website recently... I know they have different products including Mold remediation, but never would have thought about a Meth Lab lol
284878 07:11 AM 08-14-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
So what was the answer?
I heard that meth labs had to be destroyed.

BG bff put a bid on a house that she thought was to good to be true. She then found out that if she won, she'd have to destroy all the buildings and rebuild. She didn't win the bid but was upset because she liked the house.
Country Kids 07:57 AM 08-14-2018
Originally Posted by 284878:
So what was the answer?

BG bff put a bid on a house that she thought was to good to be true. She then found out that if she won, she'd have to destroy all the buildings and rebuild. She didn't win the bid but was upset because she liked the house.
Meth houses are unfortunately sold to buyers all the time and it doesn't have to be disclosed about it.

Have a case going on in my state right now about this. Family is living in out buildings on the property because the house was deemed unsafe to live in after they bought it.

A house we looked at this year that was a bank owned home was a meth house we had heard from neighbors. Someone with money though bought it and has done a lot of work on it and are living in it but I wonder if they know?
LysesKids 08:26 AM 08-14-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Meth houses are unfortunately sold to buyers all the time and it doesn't have to be disclosed about it.

Have a case going on in my state right now about this. Family is living in out buildings on the property because the house was deemed unsafe to live in after they bought it.

A house we looked at this year that was a bank owned home was a meth house we had heard from neighbors. Someone with money though bought it and has done a lot of work on it and are living in it but I wonder if they know?
Yeah, the house that I was to originally going to buy here 5 years ago was deemed to have black mold @ inspection, but I had heard other rumors from neighbors that previous renters over a few years had been busted for drugs etc (the owner was in a nursing home while it was for sale & the attorneys were renting the home out); It had that funky smell that is associated with meth & 2 years after I refused to buy it, it all of a sudden was destroyed & the land sat empty... I know that you can look up certain addresses in some states to see if there has been a Meth bust, but not all Meth houses are caught
MarinaVanessa 10:34 AM 08-14-2018
Originally Posted by 284878:
So what was the answer?

Oooooooooooooh ... that makes so much sense!

Here was the answer ...
Originally Posted by :
The manufacturing process used in a Meth Lab produces dangerous chemicals that become baked into surfaces, walls and floors. These residues can be cleaned with Quantum, Chemical Residue Remover that uses dynamic chemistry to break down the residues, so they can be removed. As a ready to use cleaner, simply apply to surfaces and allow to dwell for 10-minutes. Every meth lab clean-up job will be different, so a re-application may be required. Wipe off or rinse the surface with water. Note: Benefect Disinfectant may be used after cleaning with Quantum, if microbial growth is a concern.

Tags:bleach alternatives, cot - disinfect, disinfect, sanitizing
Reply Up