Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hallelujah My FCCRS Score Back
MizzCheryl 04:02 PM 09-21-2012
They observed us Wednesday. My consultant called me this evening with my score. She said that was the fastest she had ever seen it come back. We scored great and get to keep my 5 stars. I am celebrating! Yahoo!
Blackcat31 05:21 PM 09-21-2012
congratulations!!!! Good Job!!!
Sunchimes 05:25 PM 09-21-2012
That's wonderful! Congratulations!
momofsix 05:26 PM 09-21-2012
Good for you!!!
MyAngels 06:26 PM 09-21-2012
Congrats
Sugar Magnolia 06:35 AM 09-22-2012
You ROCK!
SunnyDay 09:59 AM 09-22-2012

Abigail 01:26 PM 09-22-2012
In two weeks I have an observation for the first time and am nervous. I know they grade us on all different things and that we're suppose to improve by the time they come out half a year or more later. I know I'm going to lack in the department of having soft things for the kids to sit on (maybe) and having not enough toys, but I have a lot of 2 and under right now and not enough shelves to separate the space more to add more toys. The only thing I don't want to take a hit on is safety or sanitary so I keep trying to figure out what they're looking for when diapers are changed and meals are served, etc. She said she needs to see a drop off in the morning and will stay about 3-4 hours and needs to see at least one meal served. So I'm really trying to figure out what to do while she is here to keep me busy because in the morning we do free play for an hour after breakfast and that is my time to "wake up". I will only have 4 kids here that day too so I should be able to get a lot done. Any advice for this????
MizzCheryl 02:02 PM 09-22-2012
We did free play for an hour after breakfast. I just played with them the whole time. Be sure you play blocks with a child, talk about wall display and offer a drink of water sometime while they are there. If you don't have pets try to make sure you have a plant somewhere (out of reach) and water it with the kids or talk about it or something. When you sanitize the tables of changing table tell the kids to move away so they do not breathe the spray. Do you have a carpeted area you could put some throw pillows on. That would be good for soft play with toddlers.

I just know my score not what I did in each area yet.
I know I took a hit on safety because the sides on my changing table are only 4 inches and there were some broken crayons in my crayon box. I saw her measuring them. Darn!
My outside playyard always takes a hit on safety, we fixed all fences and had it looking good, but she measured the gat and a space under the steps so I bet that failed.
I do not like them to be here at drop off for sensitive kids, they do not like a stranger here watching them.
I always have meals ready so there is no prep. I cannot do family stlye meals with my crew. They always contaminate the food by touching, sneezing or anything that would not even think of.
One of my kids said "why come the can't talk like Mrs. C does?" They laughed.
I would be glad to tell ya anything I can to help.
Reply Up