Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dance Party
storybookending 02:25 PM 12-05-2017
The first real wave of cold has officially hit. Looking like we will be inside the rest of the week. My kids love dance parties and I’m just wondering if anyone had any favorite pandora stations we should try out.

ETA: if your kids have any favorite dance songs I can YouTube those suggestions are welcome as well!
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 02:45 PM 12-05-2017
On YouTube:

Steve and Greg versions of:
The Freeze Dance
Listen and Move
Bear Hunt

Laura Berkner's Stand Up, Sit Down

...they request these every time.
midaycare 03:10 PM 12-05-2017
My kids love Laurie Berkner "Drive My Car" and "The Airplane Song". Also Tooty Ta, but we listen to several versions.
flying_babyb 04:08 PM 12-05-2017
bear hunt is the current hit, that and mickey mouse club house!
racemom 04:21 PM 12-05-2017
My favorite CDs for movement is Jim Gill does do,re,me on his toe,leg, knee. And Steve and Greg's kids in action
Catalina 07:19 PM 12-05-2017
YouTube, Super Simple Songs is a favorite here!
Lissa Kristine 07:28 PM 12-05-2017
I agree with the "Super Simple Songs." I've also gotten my kids into a few songs from "Signing Time" (especially "The Silly Pizza Song"- they all know the signs for APPLE, COOKIE, BREAD, BANANA, CANDY, CRACKER, CEREAL, ICE CREAM, and CHEESE because of that song.

There are also a few from my personal collection that I like playing: The Fresh Beat Band "Freeze Dance" is popular- as are some songs from Lamb Chop ("The Turning Song" and "The Body Song" though I don't know if you can find those online).

I also like throwing in songs the kids are familiar with.

Disney songs ("Moana" and "Frozen" are still very popular). The kids really love anything from the "Trolls" soundtrack. TV theme songs are great. "PJ Masks" and of course anything from "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." Those ones especially are good 'attention-getters.' Go into a room with a group of 1-4 year olds and turn on "Meeska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse" and watch what happens. (I used to do that with one of my 2 year old classrooms when the kids were getting cranky to distract them. Elmo is also pretty good for that as well).

And of course, this time of year, throw in Christmas music as well. "Jingle Bell Rock" and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" are pretty good dance songs. (There's even a few Sesame Street Christmas Albums out there).
HappyEverAfter 07:53 PM 12-05-2017
All my kids like "Little Baby Bum" which can be found on Netflix. Even though it's technically a cartoon on Netflix, it's strictly all songs and there isn't any dialogue or talking at all. I'll turn it on and just let the sound play. They dance and sing along every time I play it.
Tags:dance party, party
Reply Up