Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Making Snow??
DCMomOf3 12:07 PM 08-31-2010
My son wants to make snow and I don't know if that is even possible. Anyone done it before, or know how?
SunflowerMama 12:23 PM 08-31-2010
We just did that last week!! Kids loved it!

You just add water.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...CAcQ8wIwADgA#p
anappleadaycare 01:16 PM 08-31-2010
if you open a couple of disposable diapers and empty the contents into a bowl and add water.....instant snow! you can buy the contents at a supply store but it's the same thing that they use in disposable diapers
SunflowerMama 06:21 AM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by anappleadaycare:
if you open a couple of disposable diapers and empty the contents into a bowl and add water.....instant snow! you can buy the contents at a supply store but it's the same thing that they use in disposable diapers
Isn't that stuff crazy toxic? That would freak me out a little especially with little ones that would try and put it in their mouths.
DCMom 11:54 AM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by anappleadaycare:
Really??? I don't know if I would let my dck's play with that. Maybe because of where it originated? LOL~

The Instant Snow, that looks cool. Is it really the same thing as what is in diapers, because then I don't know. I hate that stuff when a diaper breaks...
Michael 12:03 PM 09-01-2010
Most grocery stores sell blocks of ice. Get something like a paint scrapper and you should be able to scrape some up quick.
SunflowerMama 12:08 PM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by DCMom:
Really??? I don't know if I would let my dck's play with that. Maybe because of where it originated? LOL~

The Instant Snow, that looks cool. Is it really the same thing as what is in diapers, because then I don't know. I hate that stuff when a diaper breaks...
That Instant Snow stuff is not what is in diapers. It's comes as a powder and as you add water it expands and then you can "fluff" it and it becomes similar to the feeling of snow.
DCMom 12:30 PM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by twinmama:
That Instant Snow stuff is not what is in diapers. It's comes as a powder and as you add water it expands and then you can "fluff" it and it becomes similar to the feeling of snow.
OK, good to know! LOL~I was worried!
TGT09 05:57 AM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by twinmama:
We just did that last week!! Kids loved it!

You just add water.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...CAcQ8wIwADgA#p
Where did you do it? In a bathtub? This sounds like a blast and my kids would love it!
SunflowerMama 06:00 AM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by TGT09:
Where did you do it? In a bathtub? This sounds like a blast and my kids would love it!
I made it in a huge mixing bowl and then divided it for the kids on smaller containers.

If you go to my blog you can see a few pictures of it.

www.littleacornchildcare.blogspot.com

They absolutely loved it!!
TGT09 06:05 AM 09-01-2010
Awesome, thanks!

Too fun! Your blog is awesome, I hadn't thought about doing a daycare one! I just might have to do it!
Tags:activities, making snow
Reply Up