Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What are Your Thoughts on My Rates...
Unregistered 10:47 PM 08-20-2011
I do not offer sibling discounts. I want to try to get all full time kids, but I know I will be asked how much for part time and will be willing to fit schedules together. Does this sound fair or is should I change my rates even more from day to day. This doesn't include infants, they are going to be higher.

PART A
5 days a week is $125 ($25 per day)
4 days a week is $110 ($27.50 per day, roughly 10% more per day of income)
3 days a week is $90 ($30 per day, roughly 20% more per day of income)
2 days a week is $65 ($32.50 per day, roughly 30% more per day income)
1 day a week is $35 ($35 per day, roughly 40% more per day income)

The "roughly %" is how much more income I would make if I filled all my open spots. These are based on a 9 hour day because that is 45 hours a week and our town is small and even if you have to take an hour lunch at some jobs that doesn't mean I should be forced to work in an unpaid break into my day. LOL.

PART B
The other basics I have is anything over 9 hours a day is $5 per hour or part their of. If someone needed childcare 4 days a week and needed 10 hours a day instead of 9 they would pay the standard $110 plus the additional hour per each of the four days is $20 so $130 for the 4 day 40 hours. Is that fair?

PART C
The only other way someone would be more per hour is the "addition beyond typical business hours" times. This is if my chosen typical hours are 7:30 am - 5:30 pm and someone wants care at 6:00 then I would charge them $7.50 per day more for the earlier hours. It seems fair to me, but what do you think? Please respond to parts A, B, and C.

As far as infants go, how much more do you think I should charge? I will only have two spots for children under 24 months of age since I'll have my own newborn.
Unregistered-- 11:32 PM 08-20-2011
These rates are based on a 9 hour day between the hours of 7:30 am and 5:30 pm.
Scenarios that change the weekly rate:
A. Hours scheduled outside of typical business hours are charged at $5 per hour per child + weekly rate.
B. Anything over 9 hours a day is charged at $5 per hour per child + weekly rate.
*If both scenarios are true, the charge is $7.50 per hour per child.

Example A:
One child age 3 needs care from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm 4 days a week.
$110 is the weekly rate for attending 4 days of the week.
Child care is needed an additional 2 hours per week (7:00-7:30 am x 4 days) beyond typical business hours. This is charged at $5 per hour making this fee a total of $10 per week.
$110+$10=$120 per week.

If the hours change(both scenarios are true)…If the care was needed until 5:00 pm instead of 4:00 pm that would bring the daily hours up to 10 which is one hour past the standard hours allowed. The additional 4 hours per week would bring the $120 to $130 per week.

***************What do you think of how this works? I think in the end it all works out to be fair. Can you give me a case where it's not fair? I obviously will decide how early and how late I want to work because I will not be silly and open at 5:00 am and charge and arm and a leg following these guidelines because it's not even worth getting up that early. KWIM?
Unregistered 06:19 AM 08-21-2011
I am in a totally different part of the country, but thought I'd post anyway. I learned quickly that part time care really does not work well for me with the small group I enroll (6-8 depending on ages as per licensing here) If I enroll a child 1 or 2 days per week it is unlikely I will fill the other days kwim? So, I have done part time care but I have a 3 day minimum and when I have done it it's only one child at a time. My rates are below for all age groups, I have rates based on age and at a full time rate and 3 set day per week part time rate. I also open at 6:30 b/c I have parents who start work early and have learned to limit my days as far as open hours or burn out becomes an issue, as well as fitting in my own family's busy sports schedule in the evenings. Currently I am done at 4:30pm and my cutoff right now would be 5pm. Most of my clients work it so one drops off/one picks up and their schedules are such that one starts earlier and gets off work earlier.

ages-

6weeks-12 mos----$1,000 per month full time/$800 per month part time (3 set days)

12-24 mos------900/700

2+--------700/500

I only care for children through kindergarten, and charge 500 per month for that. Here, they only go a few hours per day and every other friday, they are out quite a bit and present in care .....
Tags:infant care, rate sheet, rates, sibling discount
Reply Up