Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Provider Not Doing Right WWYD?
PitterPatter 09:02 AM 01-20-2012
I took on a client that had been calling me for at least a year trying to get in but couldn't afford my rate. Finally she decided she had enough of her other provider when she didn't pick the child up from the bus stop. Child had to walk alone the providers home a couple blocks away, (age 7). She was willing to pay the extra $100 per month to get him out of there. I took her in and my gosh the sad sad stories I have heard about the other provider. DCM wanted to report her but is afraid of retaliation so she just said her child is safe now that's all that matters.

BUT the child and DCM have told me things that go on there that not only make me mad but that are def against regulations and abusive. Few examples are:

The kids are only given water with meals no milk and the meal is usually mac N cheese, bologna sandwhich or spaghetti. When he saw all the things I served over the past 2 months he is shocked and comments how much he likes the different foods and he likes getting to eat more than once. He obviously didn't like brussle sprouts but he ate them anyway then begged the toddlers to eat theirs so he didn't have to. I asked why he was doing this. He said Lisa didn't allow waste. If a child didnt eat the food it would be scraped onto the other kids and so on until it was all eaten. Worse is she is on the food program so she is cheating and abusing the kids and getting paid for it! She has 10 kids and is only permitted 6 so she's probably cheating the food to save money.

She makes the kids clean up after her dogs and cats food mess and sweep up bird feathers before they can play anything. 1 of the dogs has nipped a few dif kids but it was not reported.

The child said the 18 yr old daughter yells, and hits kids. She pickes the toddlers up by the arm and swings and smacks their bottoms. He said the SA kids don't get hit anymore but the little ones do.

She has babies up to SA and they are all put in 1 small playroom and left alone while she lays on her living room sofa watching TV all day. Her 18 yr old daughter will check on the kids once in a while to get a baby diaper change or give a bottle then the babies go back in the playpen and she shuts the door and leaves. They have a tv in there and toys to keep the kids busy all day. No circle time, no crafts, no music except for what they sometimes hear from the living room. There is no nap time unless a child falls asleep on his own. Kids only come out for lunch. Oh and child told me provider and her daughter "need new clothes because their boobies and stomachs always hang out"

What do I do? There is so much more but you get the idea. I want to report her but I did not witness any of this myself and DCM isn't reporting her. Some kids tell stories but there is just so much here and it comes out at dif times so I think it's the truth for the most part. We will be into a subject and things just come up and he will say "At Lisa's house.... " WWYD?
Tags:mandated reporter, mentor, training
Up