Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just needing to vent! ~CRYING NON STOP!
Unregistered 04:23 PM 07-02-2015
I have a 13m old DCB who will NOT stop crying today. He was fine till after lunch at 12:30. Before lunch we read some books together, played with balls, we even went outside and played and then also did some finger painting. I have had him for about a month now and he occasionally has a meltdown but usually he calms down. Today I had him and three other kids and, like I said, he was fine till after lunch. We usually go outside again and then have naptime from 1 - 3pm. Today he would NOT stop crying. For whatever reason he decided that he wanted to meltdown OUTSIDE and would not stop. He cried the entire time outside, all during naptime so that none of the other kids could rest and he is STILL crying now...3hrs later!!!! I'm at my wits end!!! He has done this before but never for this long or with this intensity. He will only calm down if I hold him but if I so much as bend down to sit with him he cries, I pick up another kid and he follows me trying to climb up my legs till I put them down and then he wants held again! I can't even use the toilet without him loitering outside the door screaming at the top of his lungs. He has gotten to the point that he is coughing every few minutes and sputtering even when I AM holding him! ARGH!!!!! At least its the end of the week! Three day weekend am I right?
Blackcat31 04:31 PM 07-02-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a 13m old DCB who will NOT stop crying today. He was fine till after lunch at 12:30. Before lunch we read some books together, played with balls, we even went outside and played and then also did some finger painting. I have had him for about a month now and he occasionally has a meltdown but usually he calms down. Today I had him and three other kids and, like I said, he was fine till after lunch. We usually go outside again and then have naptime from 1 - 3pm. Today he would NOT stop crying. For whatever reason he decided that he wanted to meltdown OUTSIDE and would not stop. He cried the entire time outside, all during naptime so that none of the other kids could rest and he is STILL crying now...3hrs later!!!! I'm at my wits end!!! He has done this before but never for this long or with this intensity. He will only calm down if I hold him but if I so much as bend down to sit with him he cries, I pick up another kid and he follows me trying to climb up my legs till I put them down and then he wants held again! I can't even use the toilet without him loitering outside the door screaming at the top of his lungs. He has gotten to the point that he is coughing every few minutes and sputtering even when I AM holding him! ARGH!!!!! At least its the end of the week! Three day weekend am I qright?

3 hours?? Did you call the parent? Maybe they can give some insight..

I wouldnt let a child cry that long without contacting a parent.

As a parent, I'd expect my provider to call if my child behaved that intensely/out of character for that length of time.
daycare 04:38 PM 07-02-2015
agree with BC...

After 45min if I cant calm a child, I call for pick up. Perhaps he may have something medical going on. Start of ear infection or such.

have you checked his temp?
Reply Up