Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Constant Fighting
Jenjo 11:25 AM 06-30-2010
I have four dcboys ages 5-8 who fight constantly and I mean knock down drag out fighting. I am at my wits end please if you have any advice I would gladly take it.
Golden Rule 12:57 PM 06-30-2010
Honestly, I would seperate them and get the parents involved asap. They are going to need set boundaries and consistant repercutions for their actions, and fast.

If one really hurts another you could be liable, especially in a civil suit. Big kids can do serious damage. Bullying (or even what is just perceived to be) is a hot topic, now, as well.

JMHO
Michael 03:10 PM 06-30-2010
More posts on Fighting: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=fighting
Janet 03:19 PM 06-30-2010
I would seriously nip that in the bud ASAP because those are the kinds of situations that can get ugly really fast. It can start off as just having a couple boys doing a little bit of rough housing and can get out of hand before you know it. I have a strict "no wrestling/fighting/horseplay/dog-piling" rule at my daycare, even if it is my 2 dcbs who are brothers. I won't hesitate to separate them all day long if that's what it takes. Also, sometimes small children get hurt inadvertently by other kids fighting near them. Good luck!
Jenjo 08:03 AM 07-01-2010
Thank you for the ideas I appreciate the help!
Tags:fighting
Reply Up