Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Remind Me Never....
Breezy 06:16 PM 06-03-2012
To take my screamer out in public again. Went out today and she screamed the whole time!!!
DaisyMamma 04:41 AM 06-04-2012
I had a similar post last week. I personally feel that I shouldn't be held hostage at my dc playroom and the dck needs to get used to it. I'm also one of those who goes on weekly outings. My dcks expect it. I feel your pain. It's soooo stressful!
Childminder 12:01 PM 06-04-2012
OMG! I thought you were reading my mind. I took the screamer out and everyone was going…Awww, poor baby what's wrong? I wish they would quit feeding into her psychosis!!! NOTHING is wrong with her she's just a brat.
Heidi 12:03 PM 06-04-2012
Originally Posted by Childminder:
OMG! I thought you were reading my mind. I took the screamer out and everyone was going…Awww, poor baby what's wrong? I wish they would quit feeding into her psychosis!!! NOTHING is wrong with her she's just a brat.
I'm still remembering my dcg from years ago like that.

Strangers and the "oh...the poor thing..."
Blackcat31 12:08 PM 06-04-2012
Remember this kid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSfThUv_pc

Who has a tantrum but realizes no one is watching so he stops crying long enough to secure his audience (mom) and starts tantruming again.

I have a child (age 2) who does exactly this and ever time a DCP comes to pick up, he starts in and they start the whole "oh, poor kid" thing like I am mean for ignoring him.

Frustrates me to no end as I know there is NOTHING wrong with my little guy, he has just figured out how to work the crowd!
DaisyMamma 12:09 PM 06-04-2012
Yep. Strangers act like you are doing something wrong. They grow out of it, but you have to keep putting up with it to help them grow out of it.
Breezy 12:18 PM 06-04-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Remember this kid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSfThUv_pc

Who has a tantrum but realizes no one is watching so he stops crying long enough to secure his audience (mom) and starts tantruming again.

I have a child (age 2) who does exactly this and ever time a DCP comes to pick up, he starts in and they start the whole "oh, poor kid" thing like I am mean for ignoring him.

Frustrates me to no end as I know there is NOTHING wrong with my little guy, he has just figured out how to work the crowd!

LOL! I have never seen that before now but
Reply Up