Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Undecided About What To Do!!!
Danie362 03:30 PM 02-26-2013
I live in a duplex and It's pretty big I have been asking her about replacing my carpet and the windows but nothing yet. well my landlord is now renovating the other side and asked me today if I wanted to move in over there since everything is being updated, the layout is the same as mine but the kitchen is a bit smaller. I have been licensed for about two months now and talk to my rep she said all I will have to do is a new applications for a change of address. Just trying to decide she needs an answer by Thursday.I will be able to move in by April.
MNMum 03:33 PM 02-26-2013
Are you willing to have a smaller kitchen? That might be the deal breaker for me. They could easily have carpeting and windows installed in your place in just one day if they are hiring a professional.
coolconfidentme 03:50 PM 02-26-2013
No for me...., it's crazy the hoops I jumped though to get my license not to mention the state loosing my paperwork.
Danie362 04:43 PM 02-26-2013
The only with the Kitchen is that I want be able to Put a Long table in there for the kids I might have to use a smaller tables Plus i will get a dishwasher. As far as my License I will only have to change my address, I called today to make sure I would not have to redo all of my paper work cause that was a headache.
My3cents 05:15 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by Danie362:
The only with the Kitchen is that I want be able to Put a Long table in there for the kids I might have to use a smaller tables Plus i will get a dishwasher. As far as my License I will only have to change my address, I called today to make sure I would not have to redo all of my paper work cause that was a headache.
I believe you were given the wrong information. You would have to have your fire inspector come in and and your home inspection done again, its a different place and they would want to see it. I wouldn't give up for a smaller kitchen either. Moving is a lot of work even if it just next door. No thanks, ask that they update your place instead. With the ware and tare that kids do that is another thing to think about.

Best-
Springdaze 06:30 PM 02-26-2013
You had me at dishwasher!
Danie362 06:54 AM 02-27-2013
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I believe you were given the wrong information. You would have to have your fire inspector come in and and your home inspection done again, its a different place and they would want to see it. I wouldn't give up for a smaller kitchen either. Moving is a lot of work even if it just next door. No thanks, ask that they update your place instead. With the ware and tare that kids do that is another thing to think about.

Best-
I talked to my Rep Yesterday and she did say I will just have to have another inspection and I am fine with that but I will not have to redo all of the other paper work if I was to move. It want delay me of caring for the children I already have. The layout is completely the same accept the basement but I really don't use it for my daycare.
jessrlee 07:24 AM 02-27-2013
If you like everything else I would go for it. If not then ask about just updating your place! It might be a lot easier!
ABCDaycareMN 08:13 AM 02-27-2013
I say go for it if you want to move all of your belongings. It might to nice to reorganize and clean out unwanted items. Just a thought.
Danie362 08:20 AM 02-27-2013
Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN:
I say go for it if you want to move all of your belongings. It might to nice to reorganize and clean out unwanted items. Just a thought.
I believe I am gone to do it and I will be able to do my spring cleaning at the same time. It will be great to get reorganized with all me daycare stuff. I will be able to move-in in April. I really would not have to pack its just a matter of moving everything next door.
Reply Up