Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Totally Sick Of Parents!
melissa ann 04:11 PM 01-10-2011
My dd got sick on the way to school (on bus) and had to be picked up from school. She slept most of the day and got sick again in the afternoon. She is also running a fever. I had the dcks today. After supper, my dd gets sick again. So I made the call not to watch the dcks tomorrow. I called both families. Family 1: seemed annoyed and asked, do I still have to pay. (Thank you for your concern)
Family2: seemed annoyed.
Now, family 2, the youngest, will be 2 in Mar. is always sick. Runny nose all the time. Seriously, I can probably count on one hand how many times he did not have runny nose and I had him since 5 weeks.
In 3 yrs, this is the 1st time I done this. And family 2 has been with me this whole time. 2 yrs ago, when my dh had a heart attack, I remained opened. My kids couldn't go see him anyway so I had to wait until someone in myfamily could watch my kids to go see him.
Why is it okay for them to ask me to change days at last minute, but I can not? I have that I can take up to 10 personal/sick days to use per year, and unless an emergency will give notice.
My son had diarhea Sat night. Found out that family 2, girl was throwing up Sat and boy had diarhea.
SilverSabre25 04:18 PM 01-10-2011
First off, I'm sorry your family's sick--I hope everyone recovers quickly! Second, I'm sorry your dcps are such dorks.

Third, there must be some sort of stomach bug going around that causes diarrhea and/or vomiting because I'm hearing of SO many people with those symptoms! My whole family has had it to some degree, one of my dcbs has it...yuck! I'm on another message board and plenty of people over there have the same set of symptoms, too!
momatheart 04:34 PM 01-10-2011
I hope your dd gets better quickly! NOt fun for her or mom.

Yes some parents. I get so mad when all they talk about is the money. Really? UGH those are the types of parents too that will leave their kids at daycare longer because OH yeah it is open until X time and well they pay for it and want to make sure and get their money's worth. (one reason I totally agree with contracted hours)
lil angels 10:35 AM 01-12-2011
I have been doing this for 10 yrs and I have had some bad parents to. I have had parent drop off knowing their kids are sick. They come puke here and I have to call them and they said I thought that may happen I will come get them soon. I had to have you call me so my boss wouldn't think I am lying and them my whole family gets is along with some of the other kids. Parents are just rude!!!!!
Tags:bad parent, sick provider children
Reply Up