Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Anybody Operate Family Daycare In Your Own Townhouse/Rowhome?
Baan Dek Lek 04:11 AM 06-12-2012
I live in townhome community with HOA and have been dreaming about having my family daycare next year when I should have my own kid. I checked with zoning and I can operate it. I checked with HOA, there were no specific rules about it but the rules do open for them to make any change. The HOA manager mentioned that "she could talk to the board but sometimes people just do thinngs and I would bring it to their attentions."
So I'm just thinking about just do it without getting their attentions!
Does anyone live in a townhouse/rowhome and doing daycare?
TBird 07:43 AM 06-12-2012
A friend of mine has a family daycare out of her town home. As long as she had the two exits, licensing was exactly the same. She has a good, relatively quiet group so she hasn't had any problems with clients or neighbors.
Unregistered 10:56 AM 06-12-2012
I run mine out of a townhome that I rent. The landlord said as long as there are no complaints from the neighbors it was ok. I keep my group small because of it.
GoodKarma 11:13 AM 06-12-2012
Our previous home was a townhouse. The HOA was fine with getting licensed for daycare as long as you had a form filled out by neighbors with an adjoining wall?
Baan Dek Lek 08:11 PM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by GoodKarma:
Our previous home was a townhouse. The HOA was fine with getting licensed for daycare as long as you had a form filled out by neighbors with an adjoining wall?
What form did you mean for neighbors? Did you discuss with your HOA before you starting you daycare? Did you use the community playground also? I'm so afraid of asking this to the board. If they said "no" my dream would be done.
Reply Up