Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Little Girl 2.5, Sad
ammama 10:48 AM 01-18-2011
I started a new little girl d.5yrs old PT today. Drop off went great, no crying, has been playing with all the other little girls all morning (I have only girls, all around her age, and a bit older). Had lunch, actually ate food, storytime went well. Now it is naptime, and while she isn't screaming, I can hear her silently sobbing to herself on her mat in the playroom. They all sleep together, the others are not asleep yet. Should I go in there and comfort her, or just let her have a little cry and fall asleep? This is not like a typical CIO situation - she is not crying for attention, she's just a bit sad. WWYD?
jen 10:50 AM 01-18-2011
I would comfort her!
MommyMuffin 10:52 AM 01-18-2011
I would go sit next to her and rub her back or talk softly to her. But I would only do this for a short time so that I didnt disrupt the other kids. I totally think she needs a little lovin right now though!
laundrymom 10:55 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
I would comfort her!
Me too!!!!!

I'd go in wrap my arms around her and say,.. Were taking a nap,... Then waiting on mommy to come back. She will be here to take you home soon. I know it's hard being new but you are going home with mommy in a little while.
ammama 10:57 AM 01-18-2011
I ended up going in with her for a minute. She passed out immediately I'm so glad she is fitting in so well. Her mom is bringing her part time until I go on my mat leave, and then coming back FT with her baby brother when I reopen in the fall, after a few months off. I hope her baby brother is as easy going as she is!
laundrymom 10:59 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by ammama:
I ended up going in with her for a minute. She passed out immediately I'm so glad she is fitting in so well. Her mom is bringing her part time until I go on my mat leave, and then coming back FT with her baby brother when I reopen in the fall, after a few months off. I hope her baby brother is as easy going as she is!
Great news
mickey2 11:00 AM 01-18-2011
She is sad and feeling out of place. This is a new routine for her and she probably just wants her mommy! Her mind is not busy like it was when she was playing and now she has a chance to feel lonely. I would comfort her/sit with her for a few minutes. Does she have something to hold onto? If not can you give her a dolly or stuffed teddy and ask her to take care of it.
mickey2 11:02 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by ammama:
AWW! Nice! :-)
Tags:kid blues, saddened
Reply Up