Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Playfood and Dishes!?!?
Provider_Manda 03:58 PM 05-22-2013
They are everywhere...I am looking for ideas where to put them neatly. I have them separated in a bucket and see through plastic container that had cheese balls in it..lol.

I am just looking for some different ideas. Any advice would help
luv2teach 04:50 PM 05-22-2013
I have dish pans. One for food items, one for plates/cups and one for misc. kitchen things. That way they can sort them and pretend to be washing dishes if they want too.
MissAnn 04:57 PM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
They are everywhere...I am looking for ideas where to put them neatly. I have them separated in a bucket and see through plastic container that had cheese balls in it..lol.

I am just looking for some different ideas. Any advice would help
I cycle mine so I don't have so much out at a time. Much more manageable with less to dump!
Crystal 06:53 PM 05-22-2013
I use wicker baskets, trays and shelves.

Set them up nicely and the children know where they belong and can learn to manage keeping it organized very easily this way too!
MarinaVanessa 07:14 PM 05-22-2013
I have a few out at a time also and keep the rest in the garage. I rotate them out every once in a while. What I do have I keep in a large wooden shelf with $1 plastic bins from the dollar tree. My rule is that the toys stay in their designated centers. The rest is just supervising and making sure to remind the kids to put them back once they start to walk away from the dramatic play area before they can go play with something else.
MarinaVanessa 07:35 PM 05-22-2013
Here is a picture of my dramatic play area just as the DC kids have left it today. They cleaned it up and left it looking like this, all I did was remind them to clean up. Besides the couple of items that I have to pick up (like the costume that fell of the hanger) they leave the space really nice.

*My dramatic play area is outside because I don't have a lot of room inside and I wanted to give them room to play with the pretend stuff. On the other side of the costume rack is a playhouse with more stuff in it like the baby dolls and their accessories.
Attached: Dramatic Play.jpg (87.5 KB) 
WImom 08:28 PM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
I cycle mine so I don't have so much out at a time. Much more manageable with less to dump!
I do the same. They seem to play better with less of it.
Lyss 08:52 PM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I use wicker baskets, trays and shelves.

Set them up nicely and the children know where they belong and can learn to manage keeping it organized very easily this way too!
this is me too
Lianne 05:00 AM 05-23-2013
I use the three drawer plastic units like these

http://ouncecompactbottle.wordpress....-white-2-pack/

I take the wheels off and just sit the unit beside the kitchen. Easy clean up for all ages
Blackcat31 07:48 AM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by Lianne:

I take the wheels off and just sit the unit beside the kitchen. Easy clean up for all ages
I use these too. They are easy for the kids to manage and are sturdy and inexpensive.
MarinaVanessa 09:44 AM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by Lianne:

I used to use these too until recently when I got the new wooden shelf cubbies. They worked great. The only reason why I switched to the bigger wooden unit was because I got a great deal for it ($40 on CL used and it has wheels) and I wanted something bigger with more storage so that I could add more props (i personally didn't want to stack the drawer bins for fear that they'd fall over on a child). I used to have 3 of the drawer bins before and used them for many years. The kids were able to see through to see what was inside and they could easily get to the toys.
Provider_Manda 03:47 PM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Here is a picture of my dramatic play area just as the DC kids have left it today. They cleaned it up and left it looking like this, all I did was remind them to clean up. Besides the couple of items that I have to pick up (like the costume that fell of the hanger) they leave the space really nice.

*My dramatic play area is outside because I don't have a lot of room inside and I wanted to give them room to play with the pretend stuff. On the other side of the costume rack is a playhouse with more stuff in it like the baby dolls and their accessories.
That is very cute!
Reply Up