Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parent Brought Toddler in Underwear
Core12 09:40 AM 10-26-2018
Um, what would u do if parents were starting to Potty train 2 yr old but he hasn’t went a full day without an accident? I don’t want my furniture ruined.
Snowmom 10:01 AM 10-26-2018
I'd remind them of what my policy is on PT.
It's all in their handbook, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

If the child is not ready for PT at daycare, I'd tell them he needs to be in diapers until all the signs of readiness are present.
Cat Herder 10:01 AM 10-26-2018
Enforce my policy.
lovemykidstoo 10:22 AM 10-26-2018
Originally Posted by Core12:
Um, what would u do if parents were starting to Potty train 2 yr old but he hasn’t went a full day without an accident? I don’t want my furniture ruined.
Do you have anything in your policies about it?
sharlan 10:52 AM 10-26-2018
I just had the opposite. Dcg was in panties for 5 weeks at daycare. Usually one accident on Mondays. Hmmm, wonder why?

Shes now back in pull-ups and hasn't used the potty in weeks.

Frustrating.
Jupadia 11:27 AM 10-26-2018
Reminder parent about my policy and then put child into diapers for day. I'm only cleaning the puddles up from my own.
Core12 03:42 AM 10-27-2018
Thank-you!
Unregistered 04:53 AM 10-27-2018
Why not at least tell the OP what your policies are rather than just brag about the existence of them? 🤦🏻*♀️
Snowmom 01:18 PM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Why not at least tell the OP what your policies are rather than just brag about the existence of them? 🤦🏻*♀️
Wow, your comment is super helpful.
🤦🏻*♂
Meeko 02:23 PM 10-27-2018
Two weeks completely dry and clean with NO prompting from an adult is considered potty trained. Until then....pull-ups.

I don't care how they do at home. I am only interested in how they do here.
LysesKids 03:54 PM 10-27-2018
Why not at least tell the OP what your policies are rather than just brag about the existence of them? ����*♀️
How about enforcing a policy OP should have had in place? Or better yet, You didn't offer one up so don't rag on others that didn't offer theirs
Gemma 04:16 AM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Two weeks completely dry and clean with NO prompting from an adult is considered potty trained. Until then....pull-ups.

I don't care how they do at home. I am only interested in how they do here.
This exactly^^^
Unregistered 08:53 AM 11-11-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Wow, your comment is super helpful.
🤦🏻*♂
Wow, your comment is super mature. 🤦🏻*

Is it that difficult to say "At my place I don't allow kids to attend in regular underclothes until they've gone 2 weeks with no pull-up accidents. This is what I'd discuss with parents at drop off."? We all know you have plenty of policies, this is stated endlessly. I would just find that as an answer frustrating and I know Core from another board.
Blackcat31 06:23 AM 11-12-2018
Wow, your comment is super mature. 🤦🏻*

Is it that difficult to say "At my place I don't allow kids to attend in regular underclothes until they've gone 2 weeks with no pull-up accidents. This is what I'd discuss with parents at drop off."? We all know you have plenty of policies, this is stated endlessly. I would just find that as an answer frustrating and I know Core from another board.
OP didn't ask what other people's policies were....
She asked what others would do. If she wanted to know what specific policies everyone has/had...she'd more than likely have asked.

Curious, what does knowing OP from another board have to do with anything? Many of us "know" each other in other social worlds.
Cat Herder 06:35 AM 11-12-2018
Why not at least tell the OP what your policies are rather than just brag about the existence of them? ����*♀️
OP has been a member here for over two years, she knows my policy among many others.
ardeur 01:55 PM 11-13-2018
I went through two terrible ordeals with parents who told me their child was "not allowed to wear diapers or pullups at daycare" because they wanted them PT'd. But parents regularly brought them in diapers and insisted they be put in diapers before going home. Made no effort at home.

Nope.

Now my contract says parents must potty train. Children may only wear underwear at daycare if they have gone 1 week at home without accidents. Child goes back into diapers at daycare if there are accidents. I encourage parents to take a week off or a long weekend to potty-train. And if it does't happen, then child isn't ready.
tenderhearts 02:55 PM 11-15-2018
I had a parent do this to me last year. Boy came Monday morning dad informed me they started potty training and he was doing "well" in him underwear. I reminded him of my policies and said that until he was staying dry for at least a couple of weeks for sanitary reasons he needed to be in pull ups. He said ok but I think he didn't like it, I asked if he had pooped in the potty yet and he said no we haven't got that far, I said that's another issue, changing poopy underwear is a mess.I think they were hoping but we did pullups and what do you know, he wasn't ready at all, and mom actually said he was having accidents at home, I think they realized that he wasn't ready, about 6 months later, it clicked and he potty trained piece of cake.
Tags:drop off issue, dropped off underwear, enforcing policies - consistency, parents - are clueless, potty trained - not, potty training policy, toilet policy, toilet training policy, underwear
Reply Up