Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Speaking of dread....
Rockgirl 08:25 AM 10-24-2016
Wish I'd thought ahead and taken off next Tuesday. The day after Halloween is my most....let's say 'challenging' day of the year.
Controlled Chaos 08:33 AM 10-24-2016
Yea...I am trying to plan a quiet day...for me

I am thinking of having the kids help me clean up all the Halloween decorations and get the room flipped for November and maybe a movie which I do like 3 times a year. We'll see how it goes.

May the odds be ever in your favor
MarinaVanessa 08:36 AM 10-24-2016
I've decided to nap everyone all morning and then we'll watch movies all the rest of the day and like an hour before pick up I'll feed them all candy and fruit punch and send them all home Totally kidding.
Blackcat31 08:54 AM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Wish I'd thought ahead and taken off next Tuesday. The day after Halloween is my most....let's say 'challenging' day of the year.
I take Halloween off.

I also make sure my families know that if anyone allows their child to stay up late and/or eat too much candy and their behavior is atrocious the following day, I WILL send them home.

It's about respect and mutual consideration.

I don't send their child home without his/her basic needs fulfilled so I do not expect them to send them the day after a holiday and just call it "no big deal" because it IS and I WILL act accordingly.

None of my parents have pushed this or not listened so far these last several years so I have faith this year too....

I usually write up a little reminder about Halloween safety and my expectations about the following day and attach it to a goodie bag I give each child the day before the holiday.
NeedaVaca 09:00 AM 10-24-2016
I am actually going on vacation and return Monday evening so I took Tuesday off
daycarediva 09:54 AM 10-24-2016
Parents get my standard "Halloween Hangover" note home. I send kids home. I do NOT care why they are exhausted, have diarrhea, upset stomach, etc.

Just...no.

Of course, my area trick or treats ON Halloween, so the kids are all going to be out/up past bedtime. I am planning a very low key day, cleaning up decorations, lots of outside play and good food with a nice long rest.
Controlled Chaos 10:09 AM 10-24-2016
Darecarediva and BC- do mind sharing how you word the note?
Josiegirl 10:22 AM 10-24-2016
I think you're worrying about nothing. All those lil angels will go out early, be home and in bed before 7, with no candy at all that night or in the morning either, so no Halloween hangover.
Yeh. Right.
organicdclady 10:55 AM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I would love to see this, too.
Blackcat31 11:22 AM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I usually just type out a quick reminder note like this:

Dear Daycare Families

Happy Halloween! Just a couple reminders in regards to the upcoming festivities;

Please note that although Halloween falls on a Monday this year, it is still a "school" or work day the following day.

This means that I fully expect each child to return the day after well rested and not suffering the affects of indulging in too many tricks or treats from the night before.

Any child that is not prepared to participate as normal in our regular daily schedule will be sent home without hesitation.

Please remember to dress warmly, follow all safety rules and suggestions and Have a safe and Happy Halloween!

Sincerely,

BC

DaveA 11:30 AM 10-24-2016
I'm closing Wednesday to go to DW's race. So regardless Tuesday was going to be a "take it easy" day. But like PPs said- a DCK too tired or sugar crashed to participate normally goes home.
Controlled Chaos 12:01 PM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I usually just type out a quick reminder note like this:

Dear Daycare Families

Happy Halloween! Just a couple reminders in regards to the upcoming festivities;

Please note that although Halloween falls on a Monday this year, it is still a "school" or work day the following day.

This means that I fully expect each child to return the day after well rested and not suffering the affects of indulging in too many tricks or treats from the night before.

Any child that is not prepared to participate as normal in our regular daily schedule will be sent home without hesitation.

Please remember to dress warmly, follow all safety rules and suggestions and Have a safe and Happy Halloween!

Sincerely,

BC
Thank you!
nothingwithoutjoy 04:01 PM 10-24-2016
I have a potential family coming to visit that day. I thought about saying it wasn't a good day, but hated to come off as all negative ("the kids'll be horrible!"). Crossing my fingers it's not too wild.
Mike 05:30 PM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
As a kid, the day after Halloween was always a nice day for me. It's my birthday, so my brother and sister always gave me some of their chips and chocolate bars.

I can just imagine how rambunctious some kids will be that day. Have fun, and be ready to send home if needed.
Blackcat31 06:38 PM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
As a kid, the day after Halloween was always a nice day for me. It's my birthday, so my brother and sister always gave me some of their chips and chocolate bars.

I can just imagine how rambunctious some kids will be that day. Have fun, and be ready to send home if needed.

We're birthday buddies!!

My birthday is on Halloween
Mike 07:42 PM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

We're birthday buddies!!

My birthday is on Halloween
Happy Almost Birthday
Did you have brothers and/or sisters give you some of their treats?
Blackcat31 05:30 AM 10-25-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
Happy Almost Birthday
Did you have brothers and/or sisters give you some of their treats?
When I was a kid, we all went trick or treating and then would come home and we'd dump our goodies into the middle of the table and we'd sort out all the stuff we got.

This kept us busy for a long time! It was equivalent to an adult poker game... One fun sized Snickers bar was worth 2 Peanut Butter chews, a popcorn ball was worth at least 3 mini-bag's of M&M's etc..!

We traded away the treats we didn't like for ones we did and luckily none of my brothers and I had the same favorites!

Trick or Treating was a huge thing.....my mom would invite my entire class from school (25-30 kids) plus my younger brothers and take all of us around the neighborhood! It was crazy chaotic but lots of fun!
Reply Up