Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Non Vaccinated Children
Confused! 02:25 PM 08-21-2017
Hello All!

I had a family stop by my facility, last week, that were interested in bringing their child to my daycare. The hours and days they were looking for worked for my current availability so we reached an agreement on a price and hours. It all went great, and then I later received a text that their child was not immunized but that my law I couldn't turn them down. I contacted licensing (CA) and they let me know that if they did have a medical exemption that as long as I had a copy of it then it would be fine. WELL.... I have a few concerns...

Ive had children brought to me who have had HFM, salmonella, even a case of measles during the outbreak (of course I sent them home when I noticed that the children were sick).. but since this family's child isn't immunized or "protected" from these diseases... if god forbid she were to catch something.. wouldn't I be held liable?

Is there some sort of form that states that I wouldn't be held liable that the parents can sign?

I don't know what to do..

Thank you!
hwichlaz 02:34 PM 08-21-2017
No, you aren't liable unless you give them the illnesses intentionally.

Kids get sick. period.

The only illness you mentioned that even has a vaccine is measles. You aren't liable for HFM were you? No. Getting sick is part of childhood.

Now if they get food poisoning because of your food handling practices...that's another story.
hwichlaz 02:37 PM 08-21-2017
Copy the statement on the back of the blue card for the old exemption, where it states that they understand their child may be excluded when a vaccine preventable illness goes through the facility.
Ariana 02:43 PM 08-21-2017
You would not be held liable for a communicable disease being passed to anyone, vaccinated or unvaccinated. My children are not vaccinated and they have valid exemptions. If there was ever to be an outbreak my children would be required to stay at home. You could have a clause like that in your contract if you are worried. Having said that most adults are not vaccinated so even the adults can bring it into your daycare.
Unregistered 02:44 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Copy the statement on the back of the blue card for the old exemption, where it states that they understand their child may be excluded when a vaccine preventable illness goes through the facility.
Ahh, I wasn't aware of that statement lol. Okay, thank you for your input. It was just a little sketchy how they didn't tell me that their child didn't have any vaccinations until way after our interview. Also it came across a little like a threat when the mom said that "by law I had to accept their child". Kind of like "you have to... or else" which threw me off and made me start thinking, well crap what if one of the kids has chickenpox and we didn't notice it until an hour or so after drop off.. and now their child was exposed to it... what if their child gets it... would she be able to sue me or something lol. Yeah im an over thinker but I have to take care of our little business that supports my children.

Thanks again for your input!
Blackcat31 02:56 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Ahh, I wasn't aware of that statement lol. Okay, thank you for your input. It was just a little sketchy how they didn't tell me that their child didn't have any vaccinations until way after our interview. Also it came across a little like a threat when the mom said that "by law I had to accept their child". Kind of like "you have to... or else" which threw me off and made me start thinking, well crap what if one of the kids has chickenpox and we didn't notice it until an hour or so after drop off.. and now their child was exposed to it... what if their child gets it... would she be able to sue me or something lol. Yeah im an over thinker but I have to take care of our little business that supports my children.

Thanks again for your input!
Ask her to show you the law. Not interpret it but show what state statute it is so you can read it yourself.
Denali 03:15 PM 08-21-2017
In my state it is up to me to take exemptions. I take medical because it's not a choice to get a vaccine or not. They simply can't.

If it's because the parents simply don't won't to, for other reasons (you know, the old 'because vaccines cause autism reasons ��) Then I will not take them. Choices have consequences. There are always pros and cons of a choice.

Is there anyway you can get out of enrolling them? The fact that they are basically threatening you would not sit well with me... if you feel you must enroll, term the second you get the chance because they will try pulling something down the line...
hwichlaz 03:20 PM 08-21-2017
If it's a medical exemption you can't use that as the reason to not accept them unless you have someone with a health issue that counters it. But you can use any other reason you like to not accept them, like the mom's attitude.

for example..... I can't say "I'm not taking your child because he has cerebral palsy" But I can say, "I have physical limitations that make me unable to carry over a certain weight. Your son's medical condition requires a caregiver that can lift him."
Ariana 03:22 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Ask her to show you the law. Not interpret it but show what state statute it is so you can read it yourself.
I agree with this. If you are not comfortable taking them then it is up to you as a business owner. I tried putting my child in a summer camp and they refused because she was not vaccinated, even with a medical exemption! Nothing I could do about it. This is a large indoor play space as well that my daughter has been to many many times and not once did they ask for vaccinations but because it is summer camp they need it on file and refused her. Stupid rule and hypocritical if you ask me but there it is!

I think the mom is just feeling scared and vulnerable because everyone hates unvaccinated families. We are all seen as morons who think our kids will catch autism. she likely pulled the law line because of that.

I am in Canada.
Unregistered 03:40 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I agree with this. If you are not comfortable taking them then it is up to you as a business owner. I tried putting my child in a summer camp and they refused because she was not vaccinated, even with a medical exemption! Nothing I could do about it. This is a large indoor play space as well that my daughter has been to many many times and not once did they ask for vaccinations but because it is summer camp they need it on file and refused her. Stupid rule and hypocritical if you ask me but there it is!

I think the mom is just feeling scared and vulnerable because everyone hates unvaccinated families. We are all seen as morons who think our kids will catch autism. she likely pulled the law line because of that.

I am in Canada.
I'm sorry you feel that way Auriana. I don't think that way, I'm just not properly informed on the subject and concerns regarding the issue. I am in no way trying to bash this family, just want to follow proper protocol that's safe for everyone, & that won't in turn affect my family if not properly handled. That's all. Again, I appreciate everyone's feedback. I will definitely have to talk to the mother about communication and common curtesy & respect since that's the only way I like to treat the parents that are a part of my daycare family.
daycare 04:01 PM 08-21-2017
If it's a medical exemption you can't use that as the reason to not accept them unless you have someone with a health issue that counters it. But you can use any other reason you like to not accept them, like the mom's attitude.

for example..... I can't say "I'm not taking your child because he has cerebral palsy" But I can say, "I have physical limitations that make me unable to carry over a certain weight. Your son's medical condition requires a caregiver that can lift him."
This!!
Annalee 04:07 PM 08-21-2017
Licensing in my state leaves the unvaccinated child/ren to my own decision. I do not accept them in my program and the state has no guidelines to enroll or not enroll.
LysesKids 04:24 PM 08-21-2017

I am in Canada.
Medical exemption is not the same as being a non Vaxer; My own children had medical waivers & yes, one state (WV), still refused my DD for public school. I could have pushed it with the courts, but I went back to home schooling instead.

Sometimes common sense has to RULE; does the parent not Vax for religious reasons or just philosophical - that does matter to me because I have people of all faiths in my home and I do understand how that may differ from just not wanting to vaccinate... BTW, TN only accepts religious & medical waivers
ColorfulSunburst 04:37 PM 08-21-2017
Do you have some infants in your care?
If you do I would recommend do not enroll the kid. It is not safe for infants to be near this kid.
sharlan 05:16 PM 08-21-2017
SB277

Medical Exemptions

17. What’s required for a medical exemption to a required immunization?

A parent or guardian must submit a written statement from a licensed physician (M.D. or D.O.) which states:
• That the physical condition or medical circumstances of the child are such that the required immunization(s) is not indicated.
• Which vaccines are being exempted.
• Whether the medical exemption is permanent or temporary.
• The expiration date, if the exemption is temporary.

18. May other practitioners, besides licensed physicians (M.D.s and D.O.s), provide a medical exemption to a required immunization?

No. Only a licensed Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) may provide a medical exemption.

In contrast, the other categories of licensed or credentialed practitioners in California previously authorized through 2015 to sign requests for personal beliefs exemptions (e.g., Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Naturopathic Doctor, or School Nurse) may not provide medical exemptions.

19. Has the State of California issued a standardized form for medical exemptions?

No, but the documentation must include the elements described in question 17.

20. Are licensed physicians required to assist in requests for medical exemptions?

A licensed physician may provide a medical exemption but is not required to do so. Parents or guardians seeking medical exemptions should check with physicians in advance to clarify their policies on medical exemptions.
Meeko 05:18 PM 08-21-2017
Check your state regs. It is 100% up to me (in Utah) if I take children who are not vaccinated. I just tell people on the phone before I even interview that I do not take un-vaccinated children.
sharlan 05:21 PM 08-21-2017
I tell parents up front that I do not take unvaccinated children as well.
hwichlaz 05:37 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I tell parents up front that I do not take unvaccinated children as well.
If they have a medical reason that they can't get them...like cancer or an allergic reaction...that can get you in trouble with ADA.
sharlan 09:19 PM 08-21-2017
If they have a medical reason that they can't get them...like cancer or an allergic reaction...that can get you in trouble with ADA.
That's ok with me. I am not qualified to properly care for a child that cannot have vaccinations due to medical issues. It would be in the child and parents best interest to find more appropriate care.

We spend too much time on the go to properly care for a child with a compromised immune system, etc.

I have nothing against children who have special needs, my grandson has a whole alphabet of disorders - ASD, ADD, and DCD along with tree nut, coconut, and shellfish allergies. I just know what I can and cannot handle.
Cat Herder 05:22 AM 08-22-2017
I would teach her that she could not try to threaten me into taking, and keeping, her kids. I heard that she thinks she has a golden ticket, I don't take those. Would she try to use it during any conflict in care?
midaycare 07:04 AM 08-22-2017
I don't take unvax kids. I just turned one away. I have several autoimmune diseases and conditions. I don't know the full details of the entire argument, but I can't take a health risk of that magnitude.

Schools have to takr unvax kids, but not daycares (here in MI).
Snowmom 07:40 AM 08-22-2017
Is this something specific to CA?
In MN, my licensor says it is 100% up to me to decide if I will take an unvaccinated child. Medical exemption or not.
The only thing I cannot do is make exceptions to this after stating it. I need to be consistent with it. No exceptions.

OP, I wouldn't be ok with the fact that she was threatening in the way DCM presented it. I would not be ok with working with someone who was not upfront and honest with me from the beginning- and that is why I would not take this family. Communication and a respectful, open and honest relationship is key to a healthy relationship.
hwichlaz 07:53 AM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
In MN, my licensor says it is 100% up to me to decide if I will take an unvaccinated child. Medical exemption or not.
The only thing I cannot do is make exceptions to this after stating it. I need to be consistent with it. No exceptions.

OP, I wouldn't be ok with the fact that she was threatening in the way DCM presented it. I would not be ok with working with someone who was not upfront and honest with me from the beginning- and that is why I would not take this family. Communication and a respectful, open and honest relationship is key to a healthy relationship.
ADA if federal. If the reason they can't be vaccinated is medical....then you're discriminating. Unless there is a reason you can't care for them...like it's outside your ability (since you are the only caregiver). My own oldest is allergic to an ingredient in the DTaP. She has all of the rest of her immunizations, and can get the Td (without the pertusis component) but not the DTaP. There is no valid reason not to accept her into a program because she's not a risk to anyone. The DTaP vaccine doesn't prevent transfer of illness since it doesn't prevent illenss. It prevents the body from reacting to the toxins produced by the illness. That's why those three immunizations are grouped together. They are all bacterial illnesses that produce a toxin that make you sick. It's less an immunization and more of an anti-toxin.

If you have an auto-immune disorder that precludes you from being exposed to non-vaccinated populations, then it's not safe for you to work with children. Because no child is fully immunized until school aged...and they are walking petri dishes.

edited to add: I'm very strict about my IZ policy because I have a preemie in care as well as a child with Cerebral Palsy. I'm not anti-vaccine in any way. BUT I think it's important to be smart about it and know more about the vaccines themselves before just refusing to take a child that has a medical reason for being unable to receive one or more vaccines.
Blackcat31 08:04 AM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I e-mailed Tom Copeland about this issue (specifically in regards to MN) and here is his reply:

"I received your email a while ago and did some research on the topic. Here’s what I found:
I contacted the Child Care Law Center in California. They said that whether or not a child care provider can refuse care to a child who is not immunized is a state law issue. In California, it is not illegal for a provider to refuse care.
I contacted the Minnesota Department of Human Rights. They said that non-immunization is not a protected class under the state’s human rights laws. In other words, it’s not illegal (under human rights laws) for a provider to refuse to provide care to a non-immunized child.
I contacted the Minnesota Department of Health. They said this issue was not addressed in the Minnesota immunization laws. In other words, there is nothing in the law that prevents a provider from refusing care to a non-immunized child. They said they cannot give legal advice on this issue. They also said that DHS has not addressed this issue.
Therefore, I believe family child care providers and child care centers are on safe ground if they refuse to provide care to children who are not immunized. It’s possible that a parent may sue a child care program and we can’t say for sure what a judge might rule. However, there is no specific language in the law preventing a child care program from refusing to provide care."

A follow up e-mail:

"I just got a notice from DHS (dated June 19th) saying that there is nothing in the licensing rule “that specifically allows or prohibits a license holder from adopting a policy to exclude children who are not up-t0-date on immunizations, even if the parent/guardian has claimed an exemption as allowed under Minnesota law.” Tom
hwichlaz 08:23 AM 08-22-2017
Where it gets tricky is when the reason for them being unimmunized is an ADA protected status.

So if they can't get live virus vaccines because they are undergoing chemo therapy...then it could be said that you're refusing a child because they have cancer. Does that make sense? Or yours refusing to care for a child because they have an allergy (my daughter's allergy to the pertussis vaccine)...and in reality..there is no accommodation needed for a child that is allergic to a vaccine component so it'd be hard to find a reason that you are unable to care for them. They don't require care any different than any other child.

And state laws don't supersede federal laws.

This was what I got from an attorney with a special needs child of her own. I picked her brain because of my own child.

She said that we have to be VERY careful following only state laws when federal laws also come into play.
Snowmom 08:30 AM 08-22-2017
Thanks BC.
LysesKids 08:57 AM 08-22-2017
Where it gets tricky is when the reason for them being unimmunized is an ADA protected status.

So if they can't get live virus vaccines because they are undergoing chemo therapy...then it could be said that you're refusing a child because they have cancer. Does that make sense? Or yours refusing to care for a child because they have an allergy (my daughter's allergy to the pertussis vaccine)...and in reality..there is no accommodation needed for a child that is allergic to a vaccine component so it'd be hard to find a reason that you are unable to care for them. They don't require care any different than any other child.

And state laws don't supersede federal laws.

This was what I got from an attorney with a special needs child of her own. I picked her brain because of my own child.

She said that we have to be VERY careful following only state laws when federal laws also come into play.
Most people also don't understand that a medical waiver will not be for all vaccinations, but only some with very few exceptions and even then some have time limits set for each vax that was waived. There has to be an actual reason...

I totally understand your DD's issue, because it was the same for all 3 of mine; the youngest had a seizure and she went comatose after the first round - they totally nixed Dtap for her for life after that. And my kids were waived for live virus inc MMR due to my cancer, then for my dad's because I was his caregiver; this was back when Polio vax was still Oral & not the dead shot
Blackcat31 09:21 AM 08-22-2017
If I choose to exclude because a child isn't immunized or up to date I can.

I would not be excluding for the medical condition.

I would be excluding because of the immunization condition.

I think there is a difference.
Meeko 07:33 PM 08-22-2017
Some parents don't understand the difference between a center and a home provider either.

Centers must have wheelchair access etc. Not so for home providers. Home providers get to choose who comes and goes at THEIR home.
daycare 10:06 PM 08-22-2017
If you're interested in California immunization laws check out SB-277.

We are one of two states who require immunizations by law.
knoxmomof2 03:13 AM 08-23-2017
I had a parent interview, pay deposit, start her child and a week later let me know that he was accepted into (public) preschool and would be leaving if they had space for him in after school care....not a word was said before then. She tried to slip out a week early on her 2 week notice when he did get accepted, but my deposit policy requires 2 weeks' notice to use the 1 week deposit towards last week of care. My point is : I am just over dishonest people and how they try to change everything after the deal is done.

I am most irritated at her veiled threat to you. If you can't find a legal way to refuse care, at the very least, I would start the child and term the moment I found an opportunity that wouldn't leave you vulnerable to legal issues. Document everything with this family in order to cover yourself.
Tigerlilly 08:23 AM 08-23-2017
I'm not going to take unvaccinated children either unless there is a medical reason. But here is the thing, there is a very low chance that a child will be allergic to all vaccines. Like I can't get the tetanus vaccine but I can get all of the other vaccines just fine. So I would be fine taking a child that did not have one or two vaccines because of an allergy or bad reaction to it.

But I am not going to deal with an antivax parent. I would just tell them the spot is filled and leave it at that.
Ariana 08:33 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by Tigerlilly:
I'm not going to take unvaccinated children either unless there is a medical reason. But here is the thing, there is a very low chance that a child will be allergic to all vaccines. Like I can't get the tetanus vaccine but I can get all of the other vaccines just fine. So I would be fine taking a child that did not have one or two vaccines because of an allergy or bad reaction to it.

But I am not going to deal with an antivax parent. I would just tell them the spot is filled and leave it at that.
For my child they could not isolate the allergen causing the reaction. They basically refused to do it because it would take too much time, energy and money. My only option was to vaccinate and hope for the best or not vaccinate. She was medically exempted from all her vaccines except the MMR. Why? Because that is the one that antivaxxers think causes autism and DRs don't want to give exemptions for it. Its ridiculous! Everyone gets lumped into the same category.

My child does not have all of her vaccinations because no one in the medical community wanted to help me isolate the allergen. So now my daughter and I are going to be penalized for it.

Would you feed your child a soup that caused a severe allergic reaction without knowing which ingredient caused that reaction? Of course not!
Tigerlilly 09:27 AM 08-23-2017
For my child they could not isolate the allergen causing the reaction. They basically refused to do it because it would take too much time, energy and money. My only option was to vaccinate and hope for the best or not vaccinate. She was medically exempted from all her vaccines except the MMR. Why? Because that is the one that antivaxxers think causes autism and DRs don't want to give exemptions for it. Its ridiculous! Everyone gets lumped into the same category.

My child does not have all of her vaccinations because no one in the medical community wanted to help me isolate the allergen. So now my daughter and I are going to be penalized for it.

Would you feed your child a soup that caused a severe allergic reaction without knowing which ingredient caused that reaction? Of course not!
I find it odd they would not try to isolate what was causing the allergy. They were really proactive with me when I had a bad reaction.
Ariana 09:33 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by Tigerlilly:
I find it odd they would not try to isolate what was causing the allergy. They were really proactive with me when I had a bad reaction.
Completely agree with you! The allergist even had a consult with his colleague who is the top allergist in my City to see what they could do. I was pretty angry when they basically said they could do nothing. When I asked him what my choices were he said "well you could choose not to vaccinate" and that was that. When I spoke to my regular DR after he refused to exempt us from the MMR he wanted to refer me to "the best allergist in the City" and well it was the same guy our allergist consulted with so there was no point. I asked for the list of ingredients and it was a mile long so I kind of understood where he was coming from. How did they isolate your allergen? My daughter also reacted to the tetanus portion of the vaccine.

Lets just say my faith in the medical system is not what it used to be. Until you start experiencing this crap for yourself it is easy to judge others decisions (general you, not you specifically).
Second Home 10:02 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Some parents don't understand the difference between a center and a home provider either.

Centers must have wheelchair access etc. Not so for home providers. Home providers get to choose who comes and goes at THEIR home.
Not 100% true ( per an ADA representative). If putting in a ramp is not cost prohibited to your business you would be required to have a wheelchair ramp built . So a daycare who has a high income level may be required to have a ramp built but a low income level daycare would not .
EntropyControlSpecialist 12:10 PM 08-23-2017
You would not be held liable for a communicable disease being passed to anyone, vaccinated or unvaccinated. My children are not vaccinated and they have valid exemptions. If there was ever to be an outbreak my children would be required to stay at home. You could have a clause like that in your contract if you are worried. Having said that most adults are not vaccinated so even the adults can bring it into your daycare.
Bingo.

My youngest child (soon to be children) is also unvaccinated.
sharlan 02:03 PM 08-23-2017
Here is my adult dds issue with the vaccines. In CA we have to be immunized. My dd is allergic to latex.

The labs at Kaiser will not give her the immunzation because the needle goes through a latex stopper on the vial.

Her Dr will not give her the waiver. He says to have a n EpiPen on hand and give it a try.

Lab still says no.

After 13 months of fighting between the Dr and lab, 30 emails, her Dr nurse wrote the waiver and had the Dr sign it.

Dh is allergic to tetanus, no Dtap for him.
Ariana 09:32 AM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Here is my adult dds issue with the vaccines. In CA we have to be immunized. My dd is allergic to latex.

The labs at Kaiser will not give her the immunzation because the needle goes through a latex stopper on the vial.

Her Dr will not give her the waiver. He says to have a n EpiPen on hand and give it a try.

Lab still says no.

After 13 months of fighting between the Dr and lab, 30 emails, her Dr nurse wrote the waiver and had the Dr sign it.

Dh is allergic to tetanus, no Dtap for him.
Oh my word! At first my DR told me it was because the vaccine is kept in egg..they are not...but I thought 'ok I know they have vaccines not stored in egg because my friend is allergic to egg'. Shows how educated my DR is They have not been stored in egg in a long time according to the allergist.
renodeb 02:40 PM 09-01-2017
The whole vax/non-vax issue is a very hot button issue in my state. I actually took a nonvaxed child for a while but eventually they had to leave because no pediatrician would see him because of that reason. I know now that I will not being taking anymore. It's to much of a risk. (to the one that's not vaccinated especially).
The problem with where I live is that there is very little real guidance. Apparently a parent can claim religious exemption even if that is not the real reason. The mom I dealt with just didn't believe in vaccinations but claimed religious just to get around it. I would hate to find out after the initial interview that, that was the reason I couldn't take a child. I don't think any provider should be forced or threatened into taking a non vaccinated child. That mom was simply interpreted the law to suit her. I wouldn't enroll her because chances are she will pull another stunt somewhere along the line.
SunflowerMeadow 09:56 PM 09-02-2017
I've always felt that it's a parent's decision to vaccinate or not and as such I do not discriminate against people for that reason. I personally did not fully vaccine in my children
Mummy101 06:45 AM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by Confused!:
Hello All!

I had a family stop by my facility, last week, that were interested in bringing their child to my daycare. The hours and days they were looking for worked for my current availability so we reached an agreement on a price and hours. It all went great, and then I later received a text that their child was not immunized but that my law I couldn't turn them down. I contacted licensing (CA) and they let me know that if they did have a medical exemption that as long as I had a copy of it then it would be fine. WELL.... I have a few concerns...

Ive had children brought to me who have had HFM, salmonella, even a case of measles during the outbreak (of course I sent them home when I noticed that the children were sick).. but since this family's child isn't immunized or "protected" from these diseases... if god forbid she were to catch something.. wouldn't I be held liable?

Is there some sort of form that states that I wouldn't be held liable that the parents can sign?

I don't know what to do..

Thank you!
Unvaccinated children are not something to be afraid of. The media would have you believe they are a threat to your safety, radical and weird. Really, that is so untrue. Not every parent chooses to feed their child Macdonald’s, just like not every parent chooses to vaccinate. It is in fact the law in most states that no can be FORCED into vaccinating.

Parents who choose not to vaccinate are usually extremely informed and aware of the outcome should their child be exposed. They have weighed the pros and cons of vaccinations and made an informed decision. Simply have her sign something saying you will not be held liable if her children become exposed. Honestly, she will probably not flinch one bit. Exposure builds the immune system and parents who do not vaccinate value this highly. Exempt.pdf

https://vaccines.procon.org/view.res...ourceID=003597

If you are interested, you can educate here: https://www.learntherisk.org/
Attached:
daycarediva 05:23 AM 09-04-2017
My only issue would be with the mother not being upfront AND then they way she worded it to you, as a thinly veiled threat.

Did you accept them and tell them such before this text?

I would be very tempted to tell them that based on how she threatened you, you do not think you would be able to form a good business relationship with her and that you think it best that they not enroll. Then deal with her backlash. Which will PROBABLY be a giant temper tantrum.

It's MY HOME. I can accept/not accept anyone I want. I don't discriminate, but I can tell you that if a parent told me I *had* to accept them, I sure as hell wouldn't.
Meeko 06:04 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
My only issue would be with the mother not being upfront AND then they way she worded it to you, as a thinly veiled threat.

Did you accept them and tell them such before this text?

I would be very tempted to tell them that based on how she threatened you, you do not think you would be able to form a good business relationship with her and that you think it best that they not enroll. Then deal with her backlash. Which will PROBABLY be a giant temper tantrum.

It's MY HOME. I can accept/not accept anyone I want. I don't discriminate, but I can tell you that if a parent told me I *had* to accept them, I sure as hell wouldn't.
Amen to this!

I would terminate for this. If they had discussed with you, that's one thing. But threatening you? Not exactly a good way to start a business relationship and I would tell her so.
Tags:non vaccinated
Reply Up