Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yet Another Hot Car Death...
Cat Herder 08:15 AM 05-23-2017
http://www.11alive.com/news/nation-n...-car/442158896
Blackcat31 08:20 AM 05-23-2017
I can't even click on the story.

Rest in peace little babe.
happymom 08:37 AM 05-23-2017
So heartbreaking
CityGarden 08:39 AM 05-23-2017
I agree I cannot even click on the story it is always so heart breaking.
Ariana 08:51 AM 05-23-2017
Ugh . My heart goes out to that little baby and her family.
Mike 11:35 AM 05-23-2017
The mother's boyfriend was watching the baby and forgot she was in the car. Going to be a long hard time for many people.
Pestle 11:55 AM 05-27-2017
And another one, but this one's weird. It's either a total accident, or. . . it's not. It's odd enough to merit a quote from the sheriff questioning whether it really happened the way the mother says. But who knows. Parents get overworked, and unlike care providers, they aren't devoting all their attention to the kids--they're also acting as full-time housekeepers, groundskeepers, pet-sitters, and sometimes also working from home. Sometimes you don't notice it's been suspiciously quiet for longer than you should have.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/us/tex...aths-children/

If the older child was 2 and the younger child was 16mos, then the older child was practically three, so I guess it's possible. My kid couldn't get a car door open or closed until she was four, but she certainly figured out how it works early and figured out buttons fast. She somehow memorized the neighbors' electronic door lock passcode, and now she keeps letting herself into their house!
Ariana 03:07 PM 05-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
And another one, but this one's weird. It's either a total accident, or. . . it's not. It's odd enough to merit a quote from the sheriff questioning whether it really happened the way the mother says. But who knows. Parents get overworked, and unlike care providers, they aren't devoting all their attention to the kids--they're also acting as full-time housekeepers, groundskeepers, pet-sitters, and sometimes also working from home. Sometimes you don't notice it's been suspiciously quiet for longer than you should have.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/us/tex...aths-children/

If the older child was 2 and the younger child was 16mos, then the older child was practically three, so I guess it's possible. My kid couldn't get a car door open or closed until she was four, but she certainly figured out how it works early and figured out buttons fast. She somehow memorized the neighbors' electronic door lock passcode, and now she keeps letting herself into their house!
That does not sound right at all! Conveniently they took her cell phone and keys?? Way too fishy and I agree a 2 year okd is not going to lock themselves in a car....and why were they missing for so long before she found them? Totally murder IMO. Wonder how many people are jumping on the "hot car" bandwagon just to off their kids
Unregistered 11:17 AM 05-29-2017
I agree that this sounds fishy, but I am notorious for leaving my purse, keys and cell phone in the car, especially if I am planning another outing for the day. I do believe a 2 yr old and 16 month old could get into a car and close the door behind them and not know how to unlock the car and get out But, if it were my kids they probably would not have been gone long enough to die in that car before I noticed they were not in the house.

Freak accidents like this do happen, especially when parents are not hyper-vigilant about safety. A 2 yr old and 16 month old should never be out of ear and/or eye shot for more than a few minutes unless they are safely tucked into their cribs for sleep.
Tags:child death, hot car death, supervision - inadequate, unattended, unattended children
Reply Up