Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing for Presidents Day
CountryRoads 07:09 AM 02-11-2019
I was expecting to be open on Presidents Day. I just found out this morning that none of my families have to work that day, so I am going to be closed so I can spend the day with my youngest.

I'm having a hard time with how to phrase a last minute closure like that. Any suggestions would be great!
storybookending 07:40 AM 02-11-2019
Dear DCPs

Daycare will be closed on Monday February 18th. Sorry for any inconvience this may cause.

Thanks,
Provider
CountryRoads 07:42 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Dear DCPs

Daycare will be closed on Monday February 18th. Sorry for any inconvience this may cause.

Thanks,
Provider
Thanks! I way over-think things haha For some reason, I always feel the need to justify WHY I'm closed
Blackcat31 07:49 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I was expecting to be open on Presidents Day. I just found out this morning that none of my families have to work that day, so I am going to be closed so I can spend the day with my youngest.

I'm having a hard time with how to phrase a last minute closure like that. Any suggestions would be great!
Why do you need to word something if all your parents are off?

I know that none of them have to work (did they tell you that or you just know their places of employment are closed) or are you assuming some of them will bring their kids anyways?
CountryRoads 07:56 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Why do you need to word something if all your parents are off?

I know that none of them have to work (did they tell you that or you just know their places of employment are closed) or are you assuming some of them will bring their kids anyways?
I only have 3 families on Mondays. DCF1 I knew didn't have to work, DCF2 told me this morning she has it off, and I asked DCF3 and she has it off as well. DCF1 always brings her kids when she doesn't have to work, so she is the one the notice would be for.

I just told her at drop-off that since no one needs care on Monday I am going to be closed so I can spend the day with my kids, days that I don't get anymore.

She said "Oh darn, I was just thinking what I was going to do with the day all to myself. But oh well, that's okay I guess."
Blackcat31 08:03 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I only have 3 families on Mondays. DCF1 I knew didn't have to work, DCF2 told me this morning she has it off, and I asked DCF3 and she has it off as well. DCF1 always brings her kids when she doesn't have to work, so she is the one the notice would be for.

I just told her at drop-off that since no one needs care on Monday I am going to be closed so I can spend the day with my kids, days that I don't get anymore.

She said "Oh darn, I was just thinking what I was going to do with the day all to myself. But oh well, that's okay I guess."
That's kind of what I figured (that you have one of those families that bring their kids no matter what) but good! I am glad you told her you were closing.

I get tired of parents that have the day off but still bring their kids. I am paid well for my time but in my experience those are the same parents that complain about having to work or never getting time to themselves.

I have one that I know will bring her kids on Presidents Day even though I know she's off and normally I don't mind but this time I outright told her that I expected her to not bring the kids. Just because as of late, her youngest has been under the weather....not enough to be excluded but enough to drive me crazy.....
CountryRoads 08:15 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That's kind of what I figured (that you have one of those families that bring their kids no matter what) but good! I am glad you told her you were closing.

I get tired of parents that have the day off but still bring their kids. I am paid well for my time but in my experience those are the same parents that complain about having to work or never getting time to themselves.

I have one that I know will bring her kids on Presidents Day even though I know she's off and normally I don't mind but this time I outright told her that I expected her to bring the kids. Just because as of late, her youngest has been under the weather....not enough to be excluded but enough to drive me crazy.....

I get tired of it, too. I mostly don't understand it. The mom that always brings her kids when she's not working (and leaves them here until close to closing time), works M-F. They are with me way more than they are with her. I would think she would want to spend time with her kids when she has the chance, but sadly that's not the case. You can't get these days back
rosieteddy 08:30 AM 02-11-2019
I always posted a note over sign in sheet.Dear Parents Daycare Closed for the Holiday xxxx.See you Tuesday xxxx.If questioned I said everyone was off that day.After awhile I just took all Holidays paid.At that time most parents had school agers and were home anyway.If I opened for someone that had to work then others brought their children to.I always reminded with a large note on door Friday before.Then Sunday night posted a note reminding anyone who forgot that I was closed not to ring bell closed.Sometimes you can't leave things to chance.Enjoy your day off.
Tags:paid holidays, presidents day
Reply Up