Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh How Do I Say This?
pfund2233 12:54 PM 12-12-2011
I have 4 DCF and all the parents and kids are great. 3 families come 8am - 530pm. The other families hours are 530am - 330pm. The 530am family I have had since I opened a year and a half ago and I used to work with the mom. I would really like to stop working 12hr days all week long. I'm thinking of doing this come March. How do I tell mom... who is going to flip out. HELP!!
Reply
Blackcat31 12:56 PM 12-12-2011
Dear DCM
As much I love caring for your family, the 12 hour days are simply too much for me. As of March1, 2012 I will be setting my opening and closing hours at 7:30 to 5:30. If these hours do not work for you, I completely understand and wish you well in your search for alternate arrangements. Best of luck, Daycare provider
Reply
CheekyChick 01:00 PM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Dear DCM
As much I love caring for your family, the 12 hour days are simply too much for me. As of March1, 2012 I will be setting my opening and closing hours at 7:30 to 5:30. If these hours do not work for you, I completely understand and wish you well in your search for alternate arrangements. Best of luck, Daycare provider
Well said.
Reply
Michael 01:05 PM 12-12-2011
http://daycare.com/forum/tags.php?ta...g+hours+letter
Reply
kidkair 03:13 PM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by pfund2233:
I have 4 DCF and all the parents and kids are great. 3 families come 8am - 530pm. The other families hours are 530am - 330pm. The 530am family I have had since I opened a year and a half ago and I used to work with the mom. I would really like to stop working 12hr days all week long. I'm thinking of doing this come March. How do I tell mom... who is going to flip out. HELP!!
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Dear DCM
As much I love caring for your family, the 12 hour days are simply too much for me. As of March1, 2012 I will be setting my opening and closing hours at 7:30 to 5:30. If these hours do not work for you, I completely understand and wish you well in your search for alternate arrangements. Best of luck, Daycare provider
Blackcat said it great. I just want to let you know I was in a similar situation and the mom quit her job and found one that worked with my hours just to keep with me. I gave her two months notice and she had a new job in one. She was completely understanding and though she felt hurt for a few days she and I got past it because I made it clear I needed the less hours for my own sanity.
Reply
morgan24 04:13 PM 12-12-2011
I like Blackcat31 letter to short and to the point. I don't blame you that is a long day!!
Reply
pfund2233 05:48 PM 12-12-2011
I don't fore see this mom quitting her job and finding a diff one considering she quite her 2nd job already since she is in school.

Oh and may I add... I have 2 girls (6 and 9 years old) and a husband myself, both girls are in Girl Scouts (one of which I'm a leader for), I bowl 2 nights a week (one all women's leauge other a family leauge), I have a part time job with Arbonne International, going to be taking on the responsibility of taking care of my 3yr old neice come January (my bro, her dad joined the US Army and has bootcamp and IT Training for 12weeks), AND am in school myself to get my BA! I'm getting like 4-5hrs of sleep a night... if I'm lucky!! I think I'm going to have to just lay it out there for her and if she don't understand well I guess that's her issue.
Reply
Blackcat31 09:10 AM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by pfund2233:
I don't fore see this mom quitting her job and finding a diff one considering she quite her 2nd job already since she is in school.

Oh and may I add... I have 2 girls (6 and 9 years old) and a husband myself, both girls are in Girl Scouts (one of which I'm a leader for), I bowl 2 nights a week (one all women's leauge other a family leauge), I have a part time job with Arbonne International, going to be taking on the responsibility of taking care of my 3yr old neice come January (my bro, her dad joined the US Army and has bootcamp and IT Training for 12weeks), AND am in school myself to get my BA! I'm getting like 4-5hrs of sleep a night... if I'm lucky!! I think I'm going to have to just lay it out there for her and if she don't understand well I guess that's her issue.
Yes I agree!! I think as daycare providers we are so used to multi-tasking that we often forget to let the rightful owners of the issue deal with it. I say hand the ball back to her and let her figure it out.

You already know what you want to do (shorter hours) so do it. The people who have the problem with it will figure it out.
Reply
wdmmom 09:55 AM 12-13-2011
Blackcat said it best. And, if you're the optimistic, maybe with giving her the amount of notice you are, she'll find somewhere else to go within the next few weeks! Then you wouldn't have to work 12 hour days for the next couple months! YAY!
Reply
Tags:12 hour days, 7 days a week, changing hours letter
Reply Up