Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Changing my Hours, One DCF Not giving Yes/No if They Stay or Go!

I'm not sure if I'm irritated or what..
I gave 4 weeks notice that I'm changing my schedule to just MWF. I asked that families tell me in two weeks if they are staying or leaving.
I requested this info by the 12th. On the 9th DCF is leaving for vaca and i ask what they are doing. They say they are looking for T Th care.
Today they come back and say they found a new DC but don't know if they will use me for 1 day or 3 days.
Um, ok. So it sounds like they are basically going to do a transition from here to there and eventually be here only one day. So two weeks notice is out the window because they did technically give it. But it was just a matter of respect! I would have started advertising for their spots last week! Now I'm one week behind at this crucial time of year. I hope I fill their spot right away so i can say TOO BAD ON YOUR SLOW TRANSITION, a space is a space and if you are leaving then just leave now! Grrrr
Old 08-19-2013, 01:45 PM

If you dont want to keep them at one or two days a week, then give them a final notice that they will need to pay for three days a week regardless of attendance. if they do not pay the full amount beginning this coming week, you will consider them forfeiting their space and you will proceed to fill the spot with another family. dont wait around....you tell them what is going to happen and put a deadline on everything. they have had enough notice. either pay the three days per week or just leave.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma View Post
I'm not sure if I'm irritated or what..
I gave 4 weeks notice that I'm changing my schedule to just MWF. I asked that families tell me in two weeks if they are staying or leaving.
I requested this info by the 12th. On the 9th DCF is leaving for vaca and i ask what they are doing. They say they are looking for T Th care.
Today they come back and say they found a new DC but don't know if they will use me for 1 day or 3 days.
Um, ok. So it sounds like they are basically going to do a transition from here to there and eventually be here only one day. So two weeks notice is out the window because they did technically give it. But it was just a matter of respect! I would have started advertising for their spots last week! Now I'm one week behind at this crucial time of year. I hope I fill their spot right away so i can say TOO BAD ON YOUR SLOW TRANSITION, a space is a space and if you are leaving then just leave now! Grrrr
If you asked them to tell you by the 9th and they said they were looking for T,Th care then I would assume they are using you on M,W,F.

If that isn't what they want, then tell them you will be filling your M,W,F space that you thought they needed.

Personally, at this point I wouldn't agree to anything less from them. If they don't want the M,W,F space, I would consider their notice to have been given today..... Type it up and ask them to sign it in the morning.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
If you asked them to tell you by the 9th and they said they were looking for T,Th care then I would assume they are using you on M,W,F.

If that isn't what they want, then tell them you will be filling your M,W,F space that you thought they needed.

Personally, at this point I wouldn't agree to anything less from them. If they don't want the M,W,F space, I would consider their notice to have been given today..... Type it up and ask them to sign it in the morning.
I was out today so I didn't have any conversation or letter given today. But thank you, and yes, as far as im concerned they gave me notice.

Tags
changing hours, changing hours letter