Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update from Meeko
Meeko 12:21 PM 08-26-2015
I wanted to thank all those who have posted such kind words of support and love. While the situation doesn't change, knowing we have people's prayers for us and morer importantly the parents...does help a lot.

We stayed closed yesterday, but opened today. Licensing advised us to "get back on the horse" and make our days as normal as possible.. The police report said they found nothing wrong here and ther hospital have listed his death as unexplained, which the officer said is what they now class SIDS as.

The mom called me last night and we both cried and cried. She kept apologizing to me that this happened in my home and that I had to do cpr etc. Broke my heart to hear her. I asked if she was going to stay home with her 2 year old, but she says she will have to return to work in a few weeks and that dcg will be back. I was so shocked, as I thought that even though she didn't blame me for anything, that it would be hard to return. But she told me she needs me now more than ever.

So we are trying to be normal today for the kids. They have kept me busy and that's good.

I guess in times of trouble, you see who your friends are. Our house is full of flowers, cards, plates of treats, drawings from kids. My phone is full of sweet texts and I'll find sweet solice here from all of you.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Reply
Heidi 12:24 PM 08-26-2015

Reply
littletots 12:26 PM 08-26-2015
Thank you for the update. You're story has touched so many. I'm sure many of us having been thinking of you, looking for an update and how you are doing.
Reply
laundrymom 12:27 PM 08-26-2015
I know I'm not the only one bawling while reading.
Gracious sakes, you rock. You are a testimony to our profession. A true loving professional. And my love and prayers are with you. If you need anything, post. One of us will surely be able to help.

Originally Posted by Meeko:
I wanted to thank all those who have posted such kind words of support and love. While the situation doesn't change, knowing we have people's prayers for us and morer importantly the parents...does help a lot.

We stayed closed yesterday, but opened today. Licensing advised us to "get back on the horse" and make our days as normal as possible.. The police report said they found nothing wrong here and ther hospital have listed his death as unexplained, which the officer said is what they now class SIDS as.

The mom called me last night and we both cried and cried. She kept apologizing to me that this happened in my home and that I had to do cpr etc. Broke my heart to hear her. I asked if she was going to stay home with her 2 year old, but she says she will have to return to work in a few weeks and that dcg will be back. I was so shocked, as I thought that even though she didn't blame me for anything, that it would be hard to return. But she told me she needs me now more than ever.

So we are trying to be normal today for the kids. They have kept me busy and that's good.

I guess in times of trouble, you see who your friends are. Our house is full of flowers, cards, plates of treats, drawings from kids. My phone is full of sweet texts and I'll find sweet solice here from all of you.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Reply
LovetheSun 12:39 PM 08-26-2015
I am so sorry for what you all went thru, is so terrible.

I find the relationship you have with that family so beautiful. Is wonderful that they feel such comfort in you, and I do believe is best for DCG to return to your usual routine where she feels good and safe.
Reply
Leigh 12:54 PM 08-26-2015
Oh, this brings tears to my eyes. This DCM and you are lucky to have each other for support. Other than the child's immediate family, you were probably closer to the child than anyone. That the mother can recognize that you, too, are grieving is beautiful.
Reply
Josiegirl 02:19 PM 08-26-2015
I clicked reply to write something. But I honestly cannot think of what to say.
I have been thinking of you, sad that any family has to go through this, sad that you had to go through this, I cannot imagine the pain inside all of your hearts. I'm glad you and dcm have each other.
May you find peace in your heart.
Reply
Laurel 02:22 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Oh, this brings tears to my eyes. This DCM and you are lucky to have each other for support. Other than the child's immediate family, you were probably closer to the child than anyone. That the mother can recognize that you, too, are grieving is beautiful.


Thinking of you....

Laurel
Reply
sharlan 02:46 PM 08-26-2015
You have been in my prayers non-stop since I read about this.

This has always been my greatest fear as a provider.
Reply
BabyMonkeys 02:51 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Oh, this brings tears to my eyes. This DCM and you are lucky to have each other for support. Other than the child's immediate family, you were probably closer to the child than anyone. That the mother can recognize that you, too, are grieving is beautiful.
couldn't say it better myself
Reply
DaveA 02:58 PM 08-26-2015

Reply
KayB 03:08 PM 08-26-2015
So sorry you all are going through this. As a professional you made me more aware of watching the babies that are sleeping more better here and to be on guard even though there was nothing you could have done to have stop it... if that makes sense! Hugs!
Reply
Indoorvoice 03:36 PM 08-26-2015
So, so, so many hugs for you. I'm tearing up thinking about what you must be going through. You must be such an awesome provider to have this family's support and to be able to share your grief together. We are all hear to listen.
Reply
Crazy8 04:57 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I know I'm not the only one bawling while reading.
Gracious sakes, you rock. You are a testimony to our profession. A true loving professional. And my love and prayers are with you. If you need anything, post. One of us will surely be able to help.
And I thought why am I crying reading this update.

It is a blessing that you have such wonderful families and they have you.
Reply
Play Care 05:01 PM 08-26-2015

Reply
nanglgrl 07:48 PM 08-26-2015
the support of the the family makes all the difference.
Reply
Snowmom 07:11 AM 08-27-2015
My heart hurts for you.
Reply
kathiemarie 08:12 AM 08-27-2015
My heart breaks for you and your DC families.
Reply
Tags:death at daycare, providers helping providers, sids, support from others
Reply Up