Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Terming And Last Day Falls On A Holiday
daycare 03:31 PM 10-12-2011
So I have had a family give me their 30 day notice... It just so happens that the last day of their care would fall on a holiday. I am closed on holidays and they are paid days for me. The client is asking to take thier child for one extra day, becuase of the holiday.

In my book this should still count as the 30th day and care should end. Its not days of care, it's calendar days..... UGH

how would you take this?
Zoe 03:34 PM 10-12-2011
They decided to term at that time. I'd stick with the policy and let their last day be the holiday. No extra days. Because then technically you'd be working an extra day for free.
sharlan 04:03 PM 10-12-2011
N-O-P-E!!!!!!

They chose the day to term. If they wanted an extra day, they should have chosen another day.
AnneCordelia 04:30 PM 10-12-2011
I wouldn't do it either.
daycare 05:00 PM 10-12-2011
Thanks for responding this is what I was trying to imply to this client, but of course they want me to give more
cheerfuldom 07:20 PM 10-12-2011
don't do anything extra, they are on their way out anyway and your contract already allows for this paid holiday. I'd rather take the holiday unpaid then take care of the kids for an extra day, thats just me.
Cat Herder 07:25 PM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
how would you take this?
As a continuation of the inconsiderate way the family has been treating you.

"No, that is a paid holiday and payment in full is due. Your final day, per your termination notice, is ****."

I am sure you are doing pre-pay.....
daycare 08:21 PM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
As a continuation of the inconsiderate way the family has been treating you.

"No, that is a paid holiday and payment in full is due. Your final day, per your termination notice, is ****."

I am sure you are doing pre-pay.....
oh yes mam prepaid all the way.....lol I will make sure that I put in writing the last day of care...

thanks for the help.... I am trying to remind myself taht this is a good thing... That I cant let other peoples problems become my problems. I know that I am just emotional right now and that things will get better... I have a great family and they are behind me 1000%
Tags:holiday, termination
Reply Up