Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What a Week!!
Provider_Manda 06:01 AM 01-10-2013
Not to mention family stuff that is driving me and dh crazy..but Tuesday one dcg come's in with a high fever (which I posed about) and I sent her back out the door and found out she has the flu..which spoke to mom and she is very, very sick. Then yesterday another dcg come's in about 20 mins or so after drop off tells me that her head is itching..So with the dreaded sigh I go searching for lice (we have had this battle before) and sure enough I found about 8 nits and then the BUG!!

Ughh I am tired already, sure can't wait till Friday! I have ran the sweeper, and used lysol to wipe everything down and clean the floors with. Done laundry..but I just feel as if I have not done enough. We have went through lice before, but I done bug bombs and sprayed..But I didn't spray cause the chemical smells so strong, and my 3 year old was home.

Is there any remedies you guys do to super clean a house that has been exposed to lice??
cheerfuldom 08:10 AM 01-10-2013
I dont have any suggestions. honestly, if i was having the same lice issue over and over with one kid, I would just term. its very hard to get rid of and once other kids get it, your daycare gets a reputation......parents assume it is your fault. same thing if all the kids are always getting sick (not saying they are, just an example)
Holiday Park 08:36 AM 01-10-2013
Having a clean home/clean air/body does NOT equal lice . What you need to do is make sure there are bo lice eggs and lice in the hair to get rid of them. It is a long tedious process . ;-( but there are also things you can do to speed that process up . Such as a heavy application of olive oil in the hair and using special lice zapper comb. The main thing is going through all the hair strand for strand and pick through it. It can take several hours each day for 2-4 weeks just to be doubly sure.
Provider_Manda 10:25 AM 01-10-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I dont have any suggestions. honestly, if i was having the same lice issue over and over with one kid, I would just term. its very hard to get rid of and once other kids get it, your daycare gets a reputation......parents assume it is your fault. same thing if all the kids are always getting sick (not saying they are, just an example)
When it happend the first time I was to the point of terming..but that was over 5 months ago. I know kids get it, just hate when it happens cause I feel like I can't get it clean enough afterwards. Luckly in 2 years between 2 different kids we have had it a few times...But no one has ever caught it here before..Thanks goodness!
familyschoolcare 08:26 AM 01-11-2013
It doesn't matter how clean your house is if the infested child is not treated, and it does need to be repeated in 7-10 days atleast one time. I always repeat 5times just in case miss a egg the life cycle Is 30 days. I recommend checking every child every Friday, if you find just on child with it then Saturday put everything that that child came in contact with in the washing machine, or spray with the bedding spray, don't forget the car (in have never used a bomb). Do this for five weeks past seeing any bugs or eggs. I have dealt with this every year for the last 4 years. The last three times it did not spread past the initial infeastor. The child known to have had needs to keep hair up. There is some logic in everyone keeping there hair up, and insuring that jackets and hats do not touch each other and are not shared.
Tags:clean, flu, lice
Reply Up