Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Found My Backbone Today
Valerie928 07:39 AM 06-19-2019
I will start by saying this. The older I get, the less tolerant I get. This applies to all aspects of life for me. This morning however I was not in the mood for my Snowflakes and their unparents. Dcg 18 months shows up today. Dad let's her wander wherever. Dcg then goes into my garage grabs a ball from it, walks into my house with ball. I take the ball, throw it back outside and tell dad to please stay out of my garage and to hold dcg hand and walk in. Dcg almost 3 (snowflake of the year) walks into my house and immediately shoves dcg 18 months down to the floor. I take snowflake by the hand and immediately put her in time out in front of dad. Anybody just wish they could quit daycare? I used to love doing this job. Now Loath it. But there is my backbone today story. Just needed to share with people that get it🙂
Josiegirl 08:33 AM 06-19-2019
Snowflakes and their unparents! Gotta love it.
Why do so many parent unparent these days? Are they afraid of looking like the bad guy? Do they seriously think their child's psyche will be permanently scarred? Are they afraid of being judged by adults? I mean, wth??
And this gentle permissive parenting has got to go. No, you don't need to beat the kid with a stick or belt but there has to be consequences(and follow through!)for actions.
VAmomof4 09:09 AM 06-19-2019
Kudos to you!!I feel the same way these days! I don't know who's worse sometimes the parent or the kids! I have a DCM that gives her child choices for EVERYTHING! It takes them 10-15 minutes to leave everyday because of it. Another DCM who does what her 3yo child tells them to. Step up and be a parent!! They are not your friends they are your kids!!
Ariana 01:04 PM 06-19-2019
Ugh poor you . Glad you stood up for yourself
Tags:attachment parenting problems, no cry parenting
Reply Up