Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Poopy Pull Up Girl
countrymom 05:25 PM 02-17-2012
here's some background. She will be 3 next week. Over the christmas holidays they decided to try and pt her. So when she came in jan. they said she was pt. Ok. great, I'll just remind her to go to the br.

nows heres the problem. she is pooping mushy poop almost everyday in her pull up, and isn't telling me, that its drying half way up her back, because pullups are not ment for large amount of poop. When she was wearing diapers she would tell me that she pooped, but with pull ups its like she doesn't care.

2 weeks ago, she didn't tell me she poop and was sitting in my brand new pojang chairs I bought for the kids (you know they only come in the creme colored fabric) and it was all over the place.

so I use to wash her clothes but its not like you can throw other things with poopy clothes in the wash. So lately, I've been putting her clothes in a bag and sending them home.

on tues. I changed all the babies and was just about to head to the library and made the kids go to the br, when she's looking at me like I'm crazy and I knew what she did, she pooped again in the dang pull up and it was all over her clothes, so we missed the program.

today I have a feeling she came already loaded because it was already dry with in 15min of her being her. She doesn't really stink. Its always all over her legs and it takes a million wipes to get her clean. So I sent home the poopy pants home with dad, and he wasn't impressed, because thats twice it happened this week.

she also peed in her pull up again and I knew she did it and I asked her if she peed and she looks me in the eye and says "no". I'm at a loss what to do. They don't want to push the poop training till after the come home from vacation which is a month away, and I really don't want to deal with this for another month. What can I do. She does go pee in the pot a good protion of the time but then she will pee the pull up. What can I do.
Hunni Bee 05:35 PM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
here's some background. She will be 3 next week. Over the christmas holidays they decided to try and pt her. So when she came in jan. they said she was pt. Ok. great, I'll just remind her to go to the br.

nows heres the problem. she is pooping mushy poop almost everyday in her pull up, and isn't telling me, that its drying half way up her back, because pullups are not ment for large amount of poop. When she was wearing diapers she would tell me that she pooped, but with pull ups its like she doesn't care.

2 weeks ago, she didn't tell me she poop and was sitting in my brand new pojang chairs I bought for the kids (you know they only come in the creme colored fabric) and it was all over the place.

so I use to wash her clothes but its not like you can throw other things with poopy clothes in the wash. So lately, I've been putting her clothes in a bag and sending them home.

on tues. I changed all the babies and was just about to head to the library and made the kids go to the br, when she's looking at me like I'm crazy and I knew what she did, she pooped again in the dang pull up and it was all over her clothes, so we missed the program.

today I have a feeling she came already loaded because it was already dry with in 15min of her being her. She doesn't really stink. Its always all over her legs and it takes a million wipes to get her clean. So I sent home the poopy pants home with dad, and he wasn't impressed, because thats twice it happened this week.

she also peed in her pull up again and I knew she did it and I asked her if she peed and she looks me in the eye and says "no". I'm at a loss what to do. They don't want to push the poop training till after the come home from vacation which is a month away, and I really don't want to deal with this for another month. What can I do. She does go pee in the pot a good protion of the time but then she will pee the pull up. What can I do.
Insist that she go back into diapers. She isn't potty-trained. She's about a 1/3 of the way there. The parents wont be pleased, but like you said pullups are made for mishaps, not complete evacuations.

Was she having this much poop when she was wearing diapers?
PitterPatter 05:43 PM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:

Poop sometimes in a pull up is 1 thing but this much and now peeing too? Not potty trained and I think pullups are a pain in the arse when they are pooed in especially. I would tell the parents DCG should go back into diapers because they don't allow as many accident leakage and it may even help the situation if DCG liked the pullups she may try harder to get them back.

Good luck
cheerfuldom 06:27 PM 02-17-2012
Print out your potty training policy. Make sure you have a clear list of things a child must be able to do before wearing pullups at your house and before being considered potty trained. She must be able to do these items before she is allowed back in pullups. Parents must provide diapers until she is able to do these things. Parents must provide diapers until the provider says they can do pullups again at daycare. This doesn't mean that the parents have to stop potty training at home (if they are even doing anything at home). It just means that she cannot wear pullups until she has progressed to a specific point and until you say she can wear pullups.

There is no way that she is fully potty trained (according to parents) at home and still having regular accidents at daycare.
PitterPatter 06:47 PM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Print out your potty training policy. Make sure you have a clear list of things a child must be able to do before wearing pullups at your house and before being considered potty trained. She must be able to do these items before she is allowed back in pullups. Parents must provide diapers until she is able to do these things. Parents must provide diapers until the provider says they can do pullups again at daycare. This doesn't mean that the parents have to stop potty training at home (if they are even doing anything at home). It just means that she cannot wear pullups until she has progressed to a specific point and until you say she can wear pullups.

There is no way that she is fully potty trained (according to parents) at home and still having regular accidents at daycare.
AMEN so worth repeating!!!
Country Kids 09:17 PM 02-17-2012
I'm getting tired of the whole pullup thing. I just had one this week that has been potty trained for a year but wears them during naptime still wet in hers while she was still awake! The kicker is I had just taken her to the bathroom 10 min earlier and she had gone poo but then soaked it. She then proceeds to tell me which I guess was great but you just went and you've been potty trained for a year!
countrymom 04:25 AM 02-18-2012
I hate pull ups, I never bought them for my kids, they are a joke. And my sister even said that you either wear a diaper or underware, nothing inbetween. Mom also blames the fact that I have 3 kids that are 1, so she thinks that this is the reason she is pooping in her diaper, which is bull. Its not like she can't use the bathroom here, I have 2 on the main floor so there is no reason. she then will say that she's busy playing, um she was the only one here on friday (well the babies were sleeping) so that excuse doesn't work.
familyschoolcare 07:17 AM 02-18-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I'm getting tired of the whole pullup thing. I just had one this week that has been potty trained for a year but wears them during naptime still wet in hers while she was still awake! The kicker is I had just taken her to the bathroom 10 min earlier and she had gone poo but then soaked it. She then proceeds to tell me which I guess was great but you just went and you've been potty trained for a year!
did she fall asleep?
Crazy8 07:24 AM 02-18-2012
wearing pull ups is not potty trained to me. I don't allow them except for naps. I had a little one who potty trained over xmas break too and did really well - came back wearing underwear. We go potty right before nap and then put the pull up on and when she wakes up 90% of the time the pull up is dry - once in a while she will wet it but she's a deep sleeper so we use the pull up just in case. She had one poop accident here since the beginning of the year and mom said she's had one or two at home - that is often a little harder for some kids to grasp but I don't see wearing a pull up all the time as a solution AT ALL.
CheekyChick 07:28 AM 02-18-2012
PPUG needs to be in diapers. She is NOT potty trained and you shouldn't have to deal with the mess. Yucky.
Country Kids 08:45 AM 02-18-2012
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
did she fall asleep?
No, that is what I don't get at all! She was wide awake and told me right after she did it! She went so much also that it went clear through the pullup and her pants were soaked.
momma2girls 01:38 PM 02-18-2012
Definately go back to diapers, til she is telling you she has to go. I don't assist with it here, til they can tell you they have to go and making really great progress. This is written in my contract this way as well. I have had parents in the past, want to start potty training at 18months- lol!!
I have had others think I am going to potty train them all on my own!! I don't think so!! Then about 4 yrs. ago, I placed a potty training paragraph in my contract for everyone to follow!!
Sprouts 09:36 AM 02-19-2012
Would anyone mind sharing their potty training rules/ reccemondations, I don't have anything formal and the only child I have potty trained is my daughter and she pretty much taught herself over night...
bunnyslippers 09:50 AM 02-19-2012
I do not allow pullups in my child care. Ever. I hate the things!
momma2girls 10:36 AM 02-19-2012
This is what I have written in my contract-
I will assist in potty training, this needs to be started at home and child making good progress and totally understand the concept of it, before I will assist with it here at daycare. Pullup or diapers are requird at all time until totally potty trained(this means goes on their own without assistance and reminders from myself, and be accident free for quite some time).
karen 11:27 AM 02-20-2012
Just a suggestion...
Put underwear on her first then her diaper over the underwear she will feel her poo and pee on herself and won't like it. The dirty underwear gets sent home for parents to clean. Prompts parents to stop being lazy when potty training their child. I do this all the time when I am working on potty training but I never clean the underwear unless it's a solid bm I can flip into the toilet but otherwise the dirty underwear gets sent home.
I don't use pull ups either I think it's a waste of money.
wdmmom 11:35 AM 02-20-2012
Diapers only. Unless she is in the midst of potty training. If she's having repeated accidents, back in diapers she goes.

That's why my Potty Training policy is clear. NO accidents during awake hours for 4 weeks, they can come in undies. NO accidents during napping hours for 6 full weeks before we eliminate pullups/diapers.

I've got 1 DCB that went dry for 3 full weeks during naptime. Then last week, he woke up wet 3 out of 4 days and dirty 1 out of those 4 days. He's still not ready. I have carpet that is 1 year old. DCP's don't want to pay to have Stanley Steamer come in and I don't want a mess.
daycare 11:45 AM 02-20-2012
I tell parents that a lot of times children may be PT at home but not at DC.

There are so many distractions and it is next to impossible for the provider to remember to remind a child every hour or so to use the toilet.

Let them know that you take her at scheduled potty times, but in between those times she needs to be able to tell you I have to potty.

As the others have said, Diaper sounds like it's in order. Pull ups are for occasional accidents. When the accidents are happening this close together, they are not really accidents.

Maybe you could suggest underwear with plastic pants? I bet they will start to see that if they have to wash yucky undies everyday, they will put her back in diapers really quick.
MarinaVanessa 11:48 AM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by karen:
Just a suggestion...
Put underwear on her first then her diaper over the underwear she will feel her poo and pee on herself and won't like it. The dirty underwear gets sent home for parents to clean. Prompts parents to stop being lazy when potty training their child. I do this all the time when I am working on potty training but I never clean the underwear unless it's a solid bm I can flip into the toilet but otherwise the dirty underwear gets sent home.
I don't use pull ups either I think it's a waste of money.
This is what I do. I did it with my own DD and it was the only thing that worked on her. In my case however, it wasn't me being lazy it was my DD . She simply did not care and used it as a power thing. The only thing that she had control over was her bowel movements, her bladder and her food intake so why struggled with her when potty training and eating. Simple fix, we put her in chonies and then put a diaper over it and sure enough ... just as Karen said, she did not like it one bit. Chonies are not absorbant whatsoever and within a week a half she had gotten a lot better.
Sprouts 12:16 AM 04-01-2012
I found this website with all of her forms and a really good potty training letter

http://stepbystepcc.com/ToiletTraining.doc
Tags:3 year old, potty trained, potty trained - not, pull ups
Reply Up