Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Waiving a Policy?
Play Care 06:51 AM 03-09-2016
I am trying to come up with a clause that says that the provider waiving a policy as a professional courtesy(of for whatever reason) does not null and void the contract. I thought someone here had great wording for something similar? If you would care to share, I would appreciate it!

I thought I had saved my contract to my new computer when my old one died. I did not.
But my re-typed version is now in google docs cause this girl learned her lesson!
childcaremom 06:58 AM 03-09-2016
This is what I have:

Waiver

Lack of enforcement of a certain policy at any time does not indicate that the particular policy is no longer in effect. If I do not exercise a right that is provided by this agreement, it does not mean I have given up that right.
Second Home 07:24 AM 03-09-2016
This is what I have -

If the provider chooses not to enforce any of the policies stated in the parents handbook it does not in any way negate the remainder of the agreement .

Blackcat31 08:34 AM 03-09-2016
"Revisions to policies in the parent/provider contract or in this handbook will be done with a minimum of two weeks’ notice unless it is a new state regulation in which these changes will take place immediately.

In the case of situations not covered in the handbook, individual consideration will be made dependent on the circumstances and the ability of the provider to accommodate.

The provider reserves the right to waive policies (without voiding the contract) at her discretion."

childcaremom 08:42 AM 03-09-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
"Revisions to policies in the parent/provider contract or in this handbook will be done with a minimum of two weeks’ notice unless it is a new state regulation in which these changes will take place immediately.

In the case of situations not covered in the handbook, individual consideration will be made dependent on the circumstances and the ability of the provider to accommodate.

The provider reserves the right to waive policies (without voiding the contract) at her discretion."
That sounds less awkward then mine.
Unregistered 09:14 AM 03-09-2016
Failure by the provider to enforce one or more terms of the contract does not waive the right of the provider to enforce any terms of the contract.
Josiegirl 10:33 AM 03-09-2016
What about
"Just because I was nice once, it doesn't mean there will be a second time."

Play Care 10:34 AM 03-09-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
What about

Ain't that the truth!
AmyKidsCo 03:37 PM 03-09-2016
My handbook says:
I reserve the right to enforce or not enforce policies at will.
Lack of enforcement of a policy does not indicate that the policy is no longer in effect.
Alisyn 09:15 AM 03-11-2016
What about

lovemydaycare0912 04:45 PM 03-11-2016
What about
Yes I love this lol
KiddieCahoots 04:59 PM 03-11-2016
What about
Perfect!! Lol!
Tags:addendum, contract - revisions, letter sample, letter sample - addendum, policy change
Reply Up