Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Really Need Advice
Ac114 06:16 AM 05-15-2020
I have been closed since March 23rd and and reopening June 1st. However, we went into contract last night on our home. We were not planning to sell and actually had someone approach us with a cash offer. Daughter loves our home (log cabin) and dad is buying it for her for a wedding gift. We are making a 60,000 profit, no appraisal, no inspections and no remedy to fix. He is also giving us 90 days to stay in the home since we came to us to buy the house. (We contacted a realtor for legalities and to make sure we were protected) anyways, I would realistically like to be done by Friday July, 31st. I was going to give everyone a 4 week notice although my contract only requires 2. I feel guilty because my families have paid me half price during this time off and I donít want anyone to feel like I took advantage of them. I feel like Iím doing something wrong now that I know I will be closing and not sure if I should refund the money that was paid to hold their spots. What would you guys do?

Btw we are not buying another home. We are staying at my MILís 2nd property until we decide to buy a home or build one.
Reply
Ariana 07:28 AM 05-15-2020
Does this mean your daycare is going to close for the time being and they would need to find new care? I definitely see your dilemma! I too would feel like I should refund their money they paid to hold the space since the space is no longer available.
Reply
Ac114 07:42 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Does this mean your daycare is going to close for the time being and they would need to find new care? I definitely see your dilemma! I too would feel like I should refund their money they paid to hold the space since the space is no longer available.
I would essentially be opening to provide 8 more weeks of care and then close indefinitely. My MILís property is about an hour away from where we currently live.
Reply
Cat Herder 09:59 AM 05-15-2020
I would meet them halfway. It is what I strive for when the change of contract is on my end.

I'd give them the choice of 1) a refund and ending the contract, now or 2) keeping it and coming for the last eight weeks' notice period of closure.
Reply
Cat Herder 10:21 AM 05-15-2020
Oh, and I don't mean coming for 8 weeks, free. I can't work for free and would never expect anyone else to.
Reply
284878 07:13 AM 05-16-2020
As long as you followed contract and held their spot and reopened, then you held your commitment.

If you are able to apply for a grant/loan or UIA, then do it and refund, if you feel you need to, once you receive the funds Or when you open, give a xx% discount for staying loyal.
Reply
Tags:closing - short notice, covid-19
Reply Up