Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Does This Change Of Hours Letter Sound?
Unregistered 01:14 PM 06-26-2017
Dear Daycare Families,
After careful consideration, I have decided to change my hours of operation to better fit the needs of my family. My new hours will be 7:00am-5:00pm and this will take affect as of October 1st. On October 1st, my overtime fee of $1 per minute will begin at 5:01pm.. A new contract will be offered to reflect the hours change. I understand this change may affect your childs enrollment at my daycare. Please fill out the bottom of this form and return to me by Sept 10th.

□I understand the above change and my child WILL be continuing care.

□I understand the above change and my child WILL NOT be continuing care. My childs last day will be _______.

* If Im given a 24hr notice, I may be available after 5pm but no later than 5:30. After giving a 24hrs notice and your request was approved, there will be a flat $10 charge for care between 5:00-5:30. This flat charge is only valid if there was a 24hr notice and the notice was approved.

I need help wording the bottom part a little better. Im worried they will be confused. Thanks!
jenboo 01:34 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Dear Daycare Families,
After careful consideration, I have decided to change my hours of operation to better fit the needs of my family. My new hours will be 7:00am-5:00pm and this will take affect as of October 1st. On October 1st, my overtime fee of $1 per minute will begin at 5:01pm.. A new contract will be offered to reflect the hours change. I understand this change may affect your childs enrollment at my daycare. Please fill out the bottom of this form and return to me by Sept 10th.

□I understand the above change and my child WILL be continuing care.

□I understand the above change and my child WILL NOT be continuing care. My childs last day will be _______.

* If Im given a 24hr notice, I may be available after 5pm but no later than 5:30. After giving a 24hrs notice and your request was approved, there will be a flat $10 charge for care between 5:00-5:30. This flat charge is only valid if there was a 24hr notice and the notice was approved.

I need help wording the bottom part a little better. Im worried they will be confused. Thanks!
I would personally get rid of the bottom. I wouldn't even offer care after 5.
Or, i would have a different tuition rate if they wanted a late pick up of 530 (which is what i do).
Unregistered 01:41 PM 06-26-2017
I should have added that im doing the hours change to get rid of two families, along with spending more time with mine. Those families will not be getting the letter with the bottom part. I love the other famiies and they rarely need me after 5, but i dont want them to think i wont care for their kids after 5 if they really need it.
CityGarden 02:21 PM 06-26-2017
I would also suggest getting rid of the last part that says:

"* If Im given a 24hr notice, I may be available after 5pm but no later than 5:30. After giving a 24hrs notice and your request was approved, there will be a flat $10 charge for care between 5:00-5:30. This flat charge is only valid if there was a 24hr notice and the notice was approved."

It makes the notice seem less official. You can verbally let the parents you want to know of your flexibility and you can add something to your handbook/contract but I would not include that on this notice.
Ariana 03:24 PM 06-26-2017
I would say:

I may be available to take care of your child until 5:30pm in extenuating circumstances for a fee of $10 and with 24 hour notice at my discretion.
Tags:change of hours letter, letter sample
Reply Up